“Highly Recommended!!”

Austin Eats Food Tours
Ranked #1 of 58 Food & Drink in Austin
More attraction details
Owner description: "Experience quintessential Austin via your taste buds in 3 hours!"We invite you to join us for one of our public/private/corporate food tours, each approximately 3 hours in length and sampling 4-6 local eateries. We'll indulge in the tastiest local eats from chef inspired dishes, to juicy burgers to decadent sweets; and share lots of Austin lore along the way.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

What a great way to experience the variety of wonderful foods in Austin. Our tour guide did an awesome job! I really enjoyed having small sampling of a variety of foods. The guide explains menu and beveraging pairing, and did an excellent job keeping our large tour group on track.

All reviews
"cupcakes"
in 15 reviews
"corporate event"

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I received an Austin Eats tour as a wedding gift and had an amazing time with Eric on the Brunch / BBQ / Brewery tour.

We've lived in Austin for three years and made a point of trying local restaurants and food trucks. Even so, this tour helped us find hidden local gems that we didn't know about. And it was all incredible – my favorite was the brisket-filled kolache!

But even better than the food was the tour guide! Eric is so friendly, warm, and knowledgeable about food. He made our tour a wonderful experience.

We recognized Eric at the start of the food tour, and realized that he was our waiter at Odd Duck almost two years ago. He's just that amazing of a human being, that we remember him from 5 minutes of conversation two years ago!

Give this tour a try whether you're an Austin local or just visiting for the weekend. You'll be sure to have a great time!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Good time for all of us on the tour. There were about 20 of us and everyone seemed to have a great time. My daughter was the only one of the 20 that lived in Austin so it was interesting to see people all over the country coming to the ATX for the weekend. Great food and dessert as well as good local craft beers. Especially important to mention that Eric, the tour guide, was exactly the kind of guide you would want. Job well done!

Reviewed 11 September 2018

We were running late for the tour- After a quick call to Austin Eats, we were back on board. Our tour guide, Scott knew all the ins and outs and the tour we selected was a lot of fun--from the east side to downtown and all around, the tour was well-planned, with a great mix of eateries, libations, and locations. We live here and would take the tour again just to see what's next, what's new. Very entertaining. no-wait samples and on point! Loved.

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 September 2018

This was my 38th food tour. Sadly, I haven’t reviewed all of them, but I try to when I think they are good. My husband and I took his mother on the Brunch, BBQ, and Brewery tour. We always think it’s a fun thing to do, a good way to get a good meal, and an opportunity for ‘locals’ to explore their own city in a new way. My MIL has lived in Austin for 3 years and she hadn’t been to any of the places on the tour. We also thought it was a good one for her because there’s limited walking (although in the heat, even the 0.6 miles was almost too much for her at the end) and most of the time, we got around in one of the nicest tour buses I’ve ever been on. Seriously, we were sad to see that bus go…and now I realize we probably should’ve tipped the driver. So heads up, if you go on this one, bring a little extra for the guy that’s saving you from the heat.

When I first booked this tour, I thought it was a bit on the pricey side, although I will say that I’ve noticed with the popularity of food tours, they are only getting more expensive, even though you’d think it’d be the other way around. But, this one turned out to be a good value, not just because of the quality and quantity of food, but because of the included adult beverages along the way. It was also nice that with the exception of the last stop, there were options for non-beer drinkers.

I won’t go into too much detail about the stops; I find that I sort of like being surprised versus reading about a tour online whether on the company site or TA and then being disappointed if there are changes. The breakfast tacos were great. I found it weird that we did BBQ before the brunch bit, but I get it in terms of timing. It was awesome that we were able to sit at every stop where there was food; not all food tours do that. The seating at the brunch spot was awkward though (one long bench and tables opposite). My party of 3 had to sit side-by-side, and then it would be nice if they divided the portions instead of the family style way the chicken and waffles came out. I wound up sharing with people I didn’t know and because of that sort of got screwed on the egg (didn’t get any). I also chose the bloody mary bar (over beer or a mimosa) and I appreciated that option, but then I had to make everyone get out to let me go do it; maybe just make me a bloody for this sitch, or let those who choose that option sit on the ends.

I was a little bummed when before we got on the bus, our guide (Amy?) said she’s only lived in Austin for about 8 years. I usually love the insider/local perspective from guides born and raised. This is not to say she wasn’t fun, personable, and a great guide – SHE WAS; this is to say that this is more of a food tour than a city/history/food tour rolled into one (those are my personal fav). While I know that the whole stand in a circle, where are you from thing is a tour standard and supposed to help everyone meld as a group, we had a big group of 20 or so, so it just takes a long time. Would love to see tours come up with a more interesting way of doing this – questions to ask each other or a scavenger hunt kind of thing that people can choose to participate in or not, maybe with a prize at the end. And then because it was crowded at Zilker at the end, it was sort of an every man for himself situation in terms of seating, where we didn’t get much of an official goodbye or summary.

I would like to suggest that the places we visit offer some sort of deal on merch or return visits. I would’ve been more inspired to buy a sauce from the Hightower or a shirt from one of the breweries if they had said they were 20% off for tour guests. I suppose they don’t really have to though; we wound up buying a candle from Zilker and going back for another drink (and to meet paying friends) at Lazarus anyway. Even though we ended at Zilker, we went back to Lazarus because it was cooler (temperature wise) and had more beverage and seating options. We saw several other people that had been on the tour there too.