All reviews smoking floor front desk room was clean non smoking rates
Reviewed 14 March 2018

WoodSpring Suites offers very low nightly rates - < $50 a night for an extended stay. That is the good news ! So while this place is clean and tidy it is also very stark.

The bad news is that the facility is basic in the extreme. I ended up spending quite a few dollars at the local Walmart to supplement basic amenities you would expect to find in an extended stay location For example a plate, a mug , soap. knife and fork, spoon, even bought my own towels given the ones supplied were so thin.

Room cleaning is also non existent. You have to take your trash out etc.

So keep your expectations low if you stay here. Its just a roof over your head.

Room Tip: Bring your own things - as Woodspring provide very little
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Jason A, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Austin Aquarium, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

" Thank you for your review. We value your feedback and are sorry to hear that our hotel did not provide you with the amenities you expected. We know most hotels provide daily cleaning, cookware, toiletries and other amenities so that is a natural expectation. WoodSpring Suites is a value focused extended stay hotel, which is why we offer bi-weekly housekeeping for extended stay guests and an option to add cookware to their rooms. This allows us to provide the best value possible for our guests so that they customize their stay just the way they would like and pay for the amenities they want to use. We're sorry you experienced inconveniences instead of a positive stay which is our goal and what you deserve. We wish you all the best on your future travels.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

Good location and Price is very competitive. If you are a price conscious / budget traveler and looking for a basic no-frills accommodation, this is a right place for you.

Customer Service- Concept is unknown to the front desk staff (many times, their main recepton area was unattended either the reception window was closed or attendant was not available...I think their front desk lady, multi tasks- manage reception + clean rooms and laundry, look after admin work as well. Whener she was there she looked to be very stressed out). Reception closes in the evening, if you are going to have early/ late Check In / Check out then ask them first how you can do it.

Cleanliness-- Once in two weeks, they clean rooms. You have to pay for house keeping. Even if you want Towels changed, they will charge you. Rooms and Corridors have mixed Smoke / Cooking / Stuffy Smell. Their staff tried to keep general premises clean but couple of times noticed garbage in the elevators and corridors. Also, you have to throw your own garbage... they won't do it for you.

Facilities- Paid Laundry and a Vending Machine. Don't expect anything else.

WiFi- Free for only one device and speed is slow. If you want faster speed and more than one devices then you pay for that.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Julia R, Guest Relations Corporate Liaison at WoodSpring Suites Austin Aquarium, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We are very sorry that you had a negative experience during your stay with us. Our goal is to provide every guest with a hospitable environment that is affordable, clean, and simple. It sounds like we fell short in some areas and we will look into the issues you mentioned. We are pleased to offer guests customized amenities to provide the best value possible during their stay. We’re sorry you experienced inconveniences instead of a positive stay which is our goal and what you deserve. We wish you all the best on your future travels.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Just moved to the area. This place is located so you can get anywhere with ease. The staff is so amazing! They are not only willing to share their knowledge, but they have helped me complete business from back home. The rooms are nice and really clean. It really is a fantastic extended stay. The staff is really friendly and willing to take care of anything you need to make your extended stay more comfortable, just like home.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 11 August 2017

We appreciate the time to review our property. At WoodSpring Suites, we take great pride in our property and our guests. It is a pleasure to serve you and our guests.
Thank you, we look forward to your future stays!

Reviewed 29 July 2017

Well....the hotel is clean; the staff are VERY pleasant (really nice and competent people); and the rates are low - about $60 a night. And if that is all you are looking for this place will be fine. That's why I gave it two stars and not one. But for an extended stay? OMG is all I can say. You'd go nuts.

It's a roof for the night (and has decent Internet) BUT it's not a pleasant place to stay. Here are a few reasons, at least in my mind:

1) I am convinced the rooms and amenities were designed by people that have NEVER stayed in them. They may look good to accountants, but not to guests. For example, there is no reading light next to the bed. Who in the world does that? There is a light switch next to the bed that turns on a very bright spotlight on the ceiling that shines directly in your eyes - impossible to read by it. How much could it possibly have cost to put in a simple reading light? I went to Walmart and bought one for a few bucks just so I could read at night. Another example - there are two very small, thin towels in the bathroom. I know the hotel is cheap, but a little bit thicker gauge would have helped considerably.

2) There are NO comfortable chairs in the room. Two hard seats (similar to what you would find in McDonald's) but no place else to sit. Very uncomfortable room with no place to relax and no place to read.

3) The room is STARK. Small, dull and depressing. I know taste is subjective, but there was no thought put into this room to make it the least bit pleasant.

4) The amenities - one bar of soap. That's it. I promise. No plates, pots, pans, spoons, coffee makers, cups, shampoo, etc in the room. I guess you can buy them from the front desk....but they sure don't come with the room. If you stay here, bring your own.

Anyhow, I wouldn't say don't stay here. It's not for me - but if all you want is a roof and nothing more. You got it and you got it for a good price. But for a few bucks more you could do better. Last time I stayed in Austin I stayed at Extended Stay America. FAR better. About the same price but much bigger room (about 400 square feet there versus about 180 square feet at this one). Had a sofa. Had a reading light. Had three towels. Had shampoo. Had free coffee. Had an exercise room. Just a better deal and much more enjoyable to stay there. That's where I'll stay next time. :)

Thanks!

Room Tip: The hotel is off the highway. All rooms are about the same.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Shanghai_Traveller1
Management response:Responded 31 July 2017

Thank you for your review. As we move forward we look to continue to serve our guest in new manners, and your suggestions are appreciated. Safe travels in the future. Vanessa Gomez-WoodSpring Suites, General Manager

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Has great customer service and great pay rates rooms are very spacious.Also the guests are very friendly.Ive been to many hotels and no other hotels are as good or fair as this hotel.Also I love that there are so many good food restaurants nearby.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 24 July 2017

Thank you for the moment it took giving us this review. We strive for excellence daily and it has shown with you. Our guests give us the passion to succeed further in customer service. We look forward continuing with you and each guest moving forward.