See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 February 2015

My husband and I just got back from a 4 night stay in Austin. We wanted to stay someplace quiet, but within walking distance of South Congress and the river. Casita Roja was perfect. The property is serene and artistic, with an outdoor fireplace, waterfall, art in unexpected corners and generous christmas-tree lighting strung along pathways. Christine showed us around and had thoughtfully placed space-heaters in our rooms because the temperature was forecasted to drop that evening. They have two dogs who greeted us and Teddy in particular obviously enjoys his role as Casa Kenwood mascot. It was really perfect place to stay and we will certainly be back.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SaraKoenig
Reviewed 2 January 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for our first trip to Texas. It is in a great location, close to downtown and south congress for shopping. There is an on site maitenance man. Our water wasn't working the second day and he came to fix it. We stayed in casa Roja which was perfect for 2 people. Never saw the owners but they were pleasantly nice in email communications. Would love to come back and stay in casa Azul.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ericci19
Reviewed 30 October 2014

We were in town because my husband was playing a music festival down the street (imagine that!). A lot has already been said about this place, we absolutely loved it. So much so that we wanted to extend our stay by one night, but couldn't due to it being fully booked. Perfect central location, great neighborhood to walk around, walking distance to South Congress. Felt like a true retreat with the cool landscaping. We made breakfast each morning which we usually do on trips to save money on food and found that the kitchen was sufficient for that. Communication was prompt, bed was comfy, dogs and other guests were friendly, our dog loved it too. Stay here!

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank zimandgir
casaowner, Owner at Casa Kenwood Guesthouses, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2014

We're so glad you enjoyed your stay, and thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us! We're working on integrating a system where you'll be able to see and book open dates directly on our website so stay tuned! We loved having you guys, you were the perfect guests! And we look forward to your return. All the best, Christina & Andrew

Reviewed 15 October 2014

My buddy and I stayed in the Casita Roja and were pleasantly surprised by the ambiance of the cottage and surrounds. Lots of birds and trees and stuff, with gorgeous landscaping and patio areas. The rooms are decorated very tastefully and all amenities in full working order, the reverse cycle a/c a must in Austin. I'd go out on a limb and say it's possibly the best value accommodation this side of the Colorado. It's actually situated in Travis Heights not South Congress - it's probably 15 minutes walk there so not too far - and the neighborhood is affluent residential and certainly not a party place. The owners were fantastic communicators and gave us plenty of space and we also enjoyed the visits from the resident doggies. You'd be pretty hard pressed to find something negative to say about Casa Kenwood I'd imagine and it will certainly adds colour to your trip to Austin.

Room Tip: Casita Roja is more private than Studio Azul as it is at the rear of the property and detached from the owner's residence.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
4  Thank Adam C
Reviewed 9 October 2014

My boyfriend and I and two of our friend couples stayed here for four nights and all of us could not have had a better time and felt more at home and relaxed. The booking was very easy to do with the owners and they answered all my questions before arrival. We arrived at the place and it was all ready to go with a nice animated fireplace and all the neat inside lights on for us. There is a king bed, a queen bed and two couches that were converted into beds. Plenty of extra sheets were available as well and plenty of stocked towels in the restroom. The restroom was so unique and wonderful. They have a corky shower with neat plumbing fixtures. The light fixture is a film real with film in it, as well as an awesome rain showerhead. The kitchen was just the perfect size and we utilized it to its fullest potential, which was exactly, if not more prepared than my kitchen back home. The fridge had a Britta filter which I was very happy to see because I use one religiously back home. We bought food for the grill they have in the back yard and stored our groceries in the fridge. One morning the owners came by real quick to drop off some good morning cookies, which were so scrumptious. They are so nice and accommodating. They go beyond and above for their staying guests. They have a TV and direct TV hooked up and we enjoyed some evening shows when all of us came back. Their backyard was just as neat and beautiful as the rest of the grounds and house. They provide nice chairs, a table, a grill, a tree swing, a fire pit and room for a dog or two. The backyard is right behind a creek so you feel as if you are not in a neighborhood. The Studio Azul is next to the casita roja, but honestly we never encountered our neighbors so it was almost like we were the only ones there. They are located right by I-35 highway so when leaving anywhere it is very convenient and very close to downtown and Zilker Park. The parking situation was no problem at all, enough space for two cars on one side and more on the other side of the house on the street. This house is located in such an adorable and safe neighborhood. None of us wanted to leave, it was so nice and we definitely want to come back again in the near future.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the Studio Azul, but I am sure we would have been just as pleased with the casita roja. The Azul does fit more people though.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends