“"Laid back oasis - highly recommended"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Austin
Casa Kenwood Guesthouses
Ranked #13 of 35 Austin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 October 2014

My buddy and I stayed in the Casita Roja and were pleasantly surprised by the ambiance of the cottage and surrounds. Lots of birds and trees and stuff, with gorgeous landscaping and patio areas. The rooms are decorated very tastefully and all amenities in full working order, the reverse cycle a/c a must in Austin. I'd go out on a limb and say it's possibly the best value accommodation this side of the Colorado. It's actually situated in Travis Heights not South Congress - it's probably 15 minutes walk there so not too far - and the neighborhood is affluent residential and certainly not a party place. The owners were fantastic communicators and gave us plenty of space and we also enjoyed the visits from the resident doggies. You'd be pretty hard pressed to find something negative to say about Casa Kenwood I'd imagine and it will certainly adds colour to your trip to Austin.

Room Tip: Casita Roja is more private than Studio Azul as it is at the rear of the property and detached from...
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Adam C
There are newer reviews for Casa Kenwood Guesthouses

Reviewed 9 October 2014

My boyfriend and I and two of our friend couples stayed here for four nights and all of us could not have had a better time and felt more at home and relaxed. The booking was very easy to do with the owners and they answered all my questions before arrival. We arrived at the place and it was all ready to go with a nice animated fireplace and all the neat inside lights on for us. There is a king bed, a queen bed and two couches that were converted into beds. Plenty of extra sheets were available as well and plenty of stocked towels in the restroom. The restroom was so unique and wonderful. They have a corky shower with neat plumbing fixtures. The light fixture is a film real with film in it, as well as an awesome rain showerhead. The kitchen was just the perfect size and we utilized it to its fullest potential, which was exactly, if not more prepared than my kitchen back home. The fridge had a Britta filter which I was very happy to see because I use one religiously back home. We bought food for the grill they have in the back yard and stored our groceries in the fridge. One morning the owners came by real quick to drop off some good morning cookies, which were so scrumptious. They are so nice and accommodating. They go beyond and above for their staying guests. They have a TV and direct TV hooked up and we enjoyed some evening shows when all of us came back. Their backyard was just as neat and beautiful as the rest of the grounds and house. They provide nice chairs, a table, a grill, a tree swing, a fire pit and room for a dog or two. The backyard is right behind a creek so you feel as if you are not in a neighborhood. The Studio Azul is next to the casita roja, but honestly we never encountered our neighbors so it was almost like we were the only ones there. They are located right by I-35 highway so when leaving anywhere it is very convenient and very close to downtown and Zilker Park. The parking situation was no problem at all, enough space for two cars on one side and more on the other side of the house on the street. This house is located in such an adorable and safe neighborhood. None of us wanted to leave, it was so nice and we definitely want to come back again in the near future.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the Studio Azul, but I am sure we would have been just as pleased with the casita roja. T...
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Savanna G
Reviewed 8 October 2014

It's all started with an idea to go to ACL... We found Casa Kenwood on the Internet and from the get go Christina was nothing but friendly and helpful! Casa kenwood is in a quiet neighborhood close (walking distance to Congress) to all you need, great food, shopping,nightlife). The Property is very unique and FUN! We were greeted by the friendly dogs that live on site and felt very at home as soon as we arrived. The only suggestion I would give is maybe a shade on the bottom part of the window (in the futon room) to block the lights down below. Other then that the stay was perfect! We will be back!!!!

• Stayed: October 2014
1  Thank Michelle B
Reviewed 8 October 2014

I came in for my 30th birthday and Casa Kenwood was so great! My friends and I loved how unique this place was. It's in the middle of the city but you wouldn't know, with a wooded area backing the property. I will be back for sure! I recommend to anyone looking for something different then a hotel!

• Stayed: September 2014
1  Thank jreed284
Reviewed 7 October 2014

I thought this place was going to be amazing and it exceeded my expectaions!!!!! I had my best friends barchlorette party here and it was perfect for the occation. We had four people in Casita Roja, there was plenty of room! Outdoor firepit, huge bathroom, secluded yet in the middle of Austin. I couldn't have made this place better!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends