“Awesome Calzone!”

DeSano Pizzeria Napoletana
Ranked #309 of 4,244 Restaurants in Austin
Description: From the minute you step into DeSano's and see the wood-burning ovens and master pizza makers, you realize this is more than just another pizza joint -- it's a culinary event. Staying true to Italian heritage, we at DeSano Pizzeria only use the highest quality Italian ingredients flown in weekly from Napoli and Campania. From handpicked San Marzano tomatoes to fresh and creamy mozzarella di bufala, come in and see for yourself what goes into making our traditional pizza Napoletana.
Reviewed 26 February 2018

This was my first visit to DeSano but not the last. I ordered the Vesuvio Calzone with sweet tea. The calzone was excellent! It reminded me of calzones I used to eat in Europe. They don't have fountain drinks, just bottled drinks. My sweet tea was the MoonShine brand. The service was pretty fast since they make and cook your order in large wood-fired ovens. The prices are comparable to other pizza places. They have open seating with large tables and several TV's showing cooking shows.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for a quick lunch. The restaurant is clean and open. The cashier was totally helpful and took my order promptly. The pizza (medium) was delivered quickly and very hot. Now the important thing the PIZZA! I got pepperoni and sausage and it was fabulous. The sauce very rich and flavorful the crust crisp and cooked through. I will definitely eat here again and strongly recommend it to all.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

Stopped at DeSano’s on a friend’s recommendation and really liked this restaurant! They offer traditional neapolitan pizza and offer calzones, meatball sandwiches, salads, cannoli, and even gelato. We had the classic Margherita and found it very good. The dough was light, fired right in the wood burning oven, and the sauce was slightly sweet. I found the basil a touch overpowering. We were offered a free cannoli as they had recently celebrated one year at the Burnet Road location. BONUS!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 12 October 2017

The pizza reminds me of the one I had while in Rome. The tables are huge, I liked that they were so spacious (great for big parties). I also noticed that they seemed to have a semi-private room off to one side with a huge table - I thought it would be amazing for large get-togethers. The dough my kid got to play with, priceless. She was so entertained while we ate dinner. Our little chef. Great overall experience.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 12 September 2017

I grew up in a Brooklyn, NY Italian neighborhood and enjoyed typical NY pizza for many years. I have been to Italy over twenty times, including Naples, and have eaten pizza at least once on every trip. I can honestly say that this is the most authhentic and delicious pizza I have had outside of Italy itself. That's no doubt because they import all their ingredients from Italy and use five Italian wood fired ovens to insure cooking temps remain very high. Dough is made with "OO" fine Italian flour in temp controlled conditions. It is hand tossed giving a high cornichon edge which is tasty and chewy. Pizza doesn't get any better than this. They serve imported Italian beers and wines and you eat at wooden picnic type tables.

Date of visit: September 2017