All reviews paul mitchell fire pit quiet area first morning the wi fi would definitely stay here again great property short drive oatmeal front desk convenient location free breakfast kitchenette marriott closet tv gym
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Pros:
Conveniently located with efficiency rooms. Can borrow stuff like playing cards and chess boards. Great breakfast.

Cons:

- housekeeping consistency subpar
- no trash cans larger than a thimble anywhere, which is ridiculous for a longer-stay/efficiency hotel
- the beds are hard as a rock - stick to Marriott’s Fairfield brand for softer beds and a more consistent experience
- room doors don’t close: they slam. And when someone else’s does, not only do you hear it, but the air pressure causes your door to shake
- if you’re not on the top floor, be prepared for people with bowling balls and pogo sticks to be practicing for marathons at all hours on top of your head while you try to fall asleep.
- not enough luggage carts
- slow elevators
- dog friendly hotel that does not patrol for poop removal, affecting your walk to your car in olfactorily unpleasant ways.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank MishaBow
Sarai B, General Manager at Towneplace Suites Austin North / Tech Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Dear MishaBow, Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay. We have shared your comments with our hotel team in an effort to better our guest experience.

Thank you again and we hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you are in the Austin area.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

As a Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite member, I stay at Marriott hotels A LOT! I have never ever arrived at a hotel only to be informed that my reservation was canceled because the hotel was oversold! I had even used the Marriott app to check in prior to my arrival and received a message stating "YOUR ROOM IS READY. STOP BY THE FRONT DESK TO PICK UP YOUR KEY".

The Front Desk attendant told me that her General Manager told her to tell the guests that arrived after there were no more rooms available (even though I had a confirmed reservation) that it is "first come first served". Hmmmmm - interesting business model for a hotel, especially a new one for the area.

My entire three night reservation was canceled and I was "diverted" to a Hyatt Place Hotel some 14 miles away. The drive the first day from my new hotel to my office (which was only 1 mile away from Towneplace Suites) took me over 45 minutes due to traffic/accident/etc.

Wasn't aware that Marriott was following the footsteps (or missteps) of the Airline Industry. Isn't the GM at Towneplace Suites aware of how many rooms she has? Maybe she should walk the hallways of the hotel and count the number of rooms so she knows how many reservations to take.

This is unacceptable! For full disclosure, they did pay for the first night of the three nights, gave me Marriott points, and said they would send me $100. You should be aware, however, that this is all in their guarantee under their terms and conditions of their Rewards program, so nothing over and above what they HAD to do.

My recommendation is to stay away from this hotel. It remains to be seen whether or not I will ever use Marriott again.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank jedif

Dear Jedif,

We apologize for an inconvenience this issue caused and we do hope the efforts made on the hotel’s behalf keeps you coming back to Marriott Hotels.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

Only minutes away from Downtown Austin without the craziness of being IN Downtown Austin. Beautiful new property with a wonderful accommodating staff. We will definitely be back the next time we are in the Austin area!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Swimmer2005jb, Thank you for your 5 of 5 star review on Tripadvisor!

Reviewed 9 February 2018

I had stayed there about 10-15 times but over the time the quality has been decreasing, they have been doing some facilities improvements but it still has a lot of problems.
I am not going to get into details but long story short, it is not my first choice. Said that, I don't have a problem If I have to stay there again because I cannot find space in my other prefered hotels.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Ronald G

Dear Ronald G, I do hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you are in the area as we continue to coach and train our staff as well as mainteance our hotel so we meet our guest satisfacation.

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

You stay at a place long enough and you see ups and downs.
This hotel is one year old which is always a plus. It's a Marriott so there are nice little extras, like Paul Mitchell bath items. I stayed in a kitchenette unit, huge bed, Container Store closet and internet tv. Outfitted like my own studio, with a heated pool, gym, daily breakfast, outdoor fire pit, to name a few. Easy access to I 35.

The maid service is good but not perfectly consistent. Like breakfast, it depends on who works. All good service, just different each time. As long as my bed is clean, garbage taken out and bathroom restocked, I'm happy.

They even do your dishes.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you Tie T for your 4 of 5 star review!