New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersGold level
Danielson, Connecticut
“Excellent location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

This hotel is conveniently located at the end of 6th street and right next to I35. My room was facing the highway so I did hear sirens going by in the middle of the night. If I stayed again, I would request an interior facing room that overlooks the 10th floor lobby. The sleep number bed was very uncomfortable no matter which setting it was at, I've noticed this at all HGIs I've stayed at. I was in an accessible room, not because I needed it, and I noticed the shower head seemed to be only at about 6 ft. this was fine for me, but may be a problem to taller guests. My room was always clean and the staff was friendly. I would stay again if I come back to downtown Austin.

• Stayed February 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManagerDallas, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear Hr45,

I appreciate your business and I want to personally thank you for your review. We utilize your feedback to improve our products and services for you to ensure 100% satisfaction. Please contact me before your next visit to Austin, so that I may have the opportunity to upgrade your room and make your stay extraordinary. I look foward to hearing from you and seeing you soon. Have a wondeful day!

Blake Doran

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Collierville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

I recently stayed in this hotel on a business trip to Austin. The room was nice and quiet, beds were comfortable, and hotel staff was helpful and pleasant. The hotel is a short (2-3 block) walk to the 6th street nightlife. Breakfast is standard for a HGI - nothing special. I do have to comment that the valet parking was convenient but expensive $18/night and the hotel address on their website (and Tripadvisor) is completely useless. We called them because we couldn't get the address to enter in our GPS and they said that address doesn't work in GPS. They need to update the website with a usable address.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManagerDallas, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 3 March 2012
Dear Mr.Paper,

I want to personally thank you for selecting our hotel for your most recent visit to Austin and truly appreciate your business. I will contact Hilton's Global Content Team to ensure that our address is locatable on GPS systems. Thank you for bringing this to our attention so we may resolve this issue and make it right. Please contact me for all future reservations or special requests so we may be at your service. I look foward to seeing you in the future and have a wonderful weekend!

Best Regards,

Nashua, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

The room was quieter than expected. The bathroom is very dark. The wall paper is brown which doesn't help. The overall lighting in the room is dim. When I put on my make up I would have to turn on every light in the room & have the window curtains open. We faced another building so again not much light. The bed was horrible! On each side of the bed there was a dial so you could select the firmness. No matter where I set it, my side was hard & uncomfortable.

Everyone who worked at the hotel was friendly & would always say hello & ask about our day. My husband was attending a conference so the location is perfect to walk to the convention center. 6th St. is very close with lots of bars & restaurants.

My husband has stayed here before & we will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManagerDallas, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Dear Mrsomalley,

Thank you for your review and I appreciate your business! We are in the process of changing our lighting in our guest rooms to improve the ambiance/lighting of every room. I have personally inpspected your room to review the bedding issue you have mentioned and we have corrected the dials to control the firmness and softness of the bed. We are very proud of our team and they take service to heart and want to ensure your stays are flawless and to your expectations. I look foward to seeing you and your husband in the future and have a great week!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

We have stayed here multiple times. The rooms are a very good value, particularly when you combine the location ( right offf 35 and 1 block from 6th street), buffet breakfast ( included on some weekend specials), and valet parking ( which is nice because parking in the 6th street area on the weekend is difficult).

• Stayed February 2012
Dear travlelbetterthanwork,

I truly appreciate your loyalty and giving us the opportunity to provide superior service to you. Our location is great for any traveler coming to Austin, TX to experience The Live Music Capital of the World. If you have any special requests before your next visit, please contact me directly and I will personally take care of this for you.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

We travel to Austin a few times a year and always enjoy staying downtown to be near nightlife and dining. We have stayed at several hotels on 4th and 5th streets, but this was the first time for us to stay at this Hilton Garden Inn. It is about 2 blocks further out, but still easily walkable, given we found a very good price on the hotel and knew that it was still in a good location. The hotel is also very convenient to the convention center.

Knowing that the hotel does not have a self park option, and the fact that their valet is $26 per night we choose to use the convenient city garage for $11 per 24 hours. The city garage is about a block away. The hotel located at the end of 4th street on I-35.The lobby is in great condition and the staff was very welcoming. The first room they assigned us to was facing the freeway, so we asked for another room facing downtown, as we knew that this would be noisy. Since I am a diamond HHonors member, and they were not very full, they upgraded us to a lovely 1 bedroom suite with a separate living room and kitchenette, and large whirlpool.

On the first floor is a small business center with two PC's, a copier, printer, etc. There is also a small outdoor swimming pool with a water fall and a medium sized fitness center. The ground level lobby is small but does have some comfortable seating. There is another lobby and sitting area on the 10th floor. The elevators are secured, requiring keycard access, which is always nice.

The restaurant and bar is located on the top floor and has a wonderful view of downtown Austin. As with most Hilton Garden Inn’s breakfast was very well done and the staff was very friendly. The breakfast was free for us as Diamond HHonors members, and something like $12 for others. This is a fair value for the price.

The first room we had was a typical King room with a nice work desk, ergonomic chair, sleep number bed, (I am not a fan of the sleep number, but thats a different conversation), some have a sleeper sofa. The rooms have nice HDTV’s. All rooms have a microwave and refrigerator and a comfortable climate control system. The AC blower can be left on for white noise. The rooms were spotless, smelled fresh and had nice pillows. (Both foam and feather). The curtains do an nice job of blocking out light.

The area has every type of dining and entertainment option you could ask for all within easy walking distance. We would absolutely recommend this location and would stay here again if we wanted to stay in the area for a personal trip. Room rate seemed appropriate for the area, especially with our corporate discount. Having also stayed at the nearby Hilton, Residence Inn, Courtyard, and Intercontinental hotels in the past, I would feel comfortable choosing any of these hotels based on who has the best price at the time. All of these are very nice options and similar in their offerings and the prices seem to vary wildly from day to day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing AWAY from the freeway.