“Christmas Gift from Boss”

Lake Austin Spa Resort
Ranked #50 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 22 January 2013

My only complaint about my stay at Lake Austin Spa is that the three nights, four days that I spent there went by all too fast. I cannot find one negative thing to say about this property. I traveled from Houston with one of my girlfriends and from the moment we arrived, we were treated like royalty. We specifically scheduled our stay during a culinary week and thoroughly enjoyed the cooking classes. Stephane Beaucamp was great and Elizabeth Karmel, the celebrity chef who taught one of the classes, was a true delight. There are so many things to choose from to do at Lake Austin Spa. We liked that you could do everything or do nothing at all and still enjoy yourself. It felt like I was visiting somene's home instead of a commercial property. The grounds are beautiful, staff very friendly, food is awesome and abundant and I cannot wait to return. Thank you for a very memorable trip to Lake Austin Spa.

Room Tip: My particular room had a private garden in the back with cushioned chair, ottoman and small water fo...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Karin S
There are newer reviews for Lake Austin Spa Resort

Reviewed 17 January 2013

My first ever destination spa experience. Went all out and stayed 7 days. Absolute heaven. Traveled with a group of 4 who had different levels of activity desires and found something for everyone. The class selection is well versed. Of course the spa treatments are wonderful and many to chose from. Don't be afraid to wait until you arrive to start booking your appointments....I found I liked to talk to other guests about which treatments to try and who to request to do the service. The food is great...the portions are small so it's fun to order several at a sitting. I usually had the desserts delivered to my room to indulge in later. The staff is super nice and accommodating. They will bend over backward and go out of their way to make you happy. Can't say enough about how professional and nice everyone was. We all liked it so much because it was casual but still felt special. Everything was very clean and well maintained. I think I could easily become a return customer!

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank elphiebird
Reviewed 14 January 2013

By sending the little bride to this great spa was one of the best decisions to have made. They pampered and spoiled her to the point of complete relaxation. The various venues, such as meditation, herbal rubs, cruising the lake, to name a few, really took away the stress of daily life.

Room Tip: They are all good.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank garnett h
Reviewed 11 January 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at Lake Austin Spa for seven nights and we had a wonderful time. I needed a restful vacation badly and I was pleasantly surprised that the Spa exceeded our high expectations. One thing that I really like about the place is that it is low key in a way while also being luxurious.

The location is wonderful. Privately owned on what is essentially an estate on Lake Austin, the resort's setting is relaxing. Quiet, serene and just really nice.
The personal attention their staff provided was wonderful. The instructors are great. One of the reasons we chose Lake Austin over other spas was the number of personal classes they offered and the high personal attention they appeared to provide. We were not disappointed, as each my wife and I designed a set of classes that met our interests/needs and we both learned a lot.

Their group classes/activities were also top notch. Their "pool barn" is beautiful.
The Spa was great. It was nice to have so many "treatments" in one week. I could really get used to that!

The food was great, delicious and I even lost 2 pounds when I was there!
I enjoyed talking to their warm and friendly service staff. It was also fun meeting other guests.

One thing that I would have liked is that their rooms were bigger, but this is not a reason not to go. The rooms are very tastefully decorated and their beds are amazing. You will definitely sleep well (especially if you do yoga or other activity during the day)

In summary, if you really want a great getaway and you are interested in broadening your knowledge/experiences, definitely check out this place.

We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The rooms further away from the spa get the least amount of traffic so if you want very little traff...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DVE64
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Adding my voice to all the other positive reviews. Very laid back, friendly environment, GREAT fitness classes with patient knowledgeable instructors, beautiful boutique ( do not neglect to get their signature candle! It smells divine!) and the spa is first class. Now, on to the food. You can't believe you're eating so healthy, everything was so good. Although, my sister and I did have a tendency to order every dessert and take it back to the room for later :-)
I would definitely go back again, maybe next time in a little warmer weather to take advantage of the beautiful pools and the lake, of course!

Room Tip: All the rooms faced the lake so no tip necessary.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank burnedin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Hotel Granduca Austin
West Campus
Hotel Ella
Hotel Ella
#40 of 202 in Austin

Been to Lake Austin Spa Resort? Share your experiences!