“Very NOISY I-35 freeway next door, bad neighborhood!”
Review of Comfort Inn Austin

Comfort Inn Austin
Ranked #148 of 203 Hotels in Austin
San Diego, CA
“Very NOISY I-35 freeway next door, bad neighborhood!”
Reviewed 11 October 2010

I had to stay here for business. I-35 Freeway is right next to it and it is extremely noisy! The windows are not well insulated and the truck noise especially woke me up many times. The room and hotel were clean and nice and there is a pool and spa indoors. The free breakfast was very lame- hardly any food. The surrounding neighborhood is scary!

Stayed October 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Köln
Reviewed 26 July 2010

We stayed at this hotel during our Texas Trip in April. We, that's my husband, my six year old son and me, stayed at Austin for sightseeing. It was quite late and we were looking for an opportunity to stay for two nights. The staff at the hotel was very friendly and give us advice, what's worth to see. The hotel is clean and the pool is nice. Generally it was a nice stay and we would come back.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
El Campo
Reviewed 13 March 2010

Well we went there for one night and rented 2 rooms. The pool was okay, but the breakfast was small, served late, and not very good. This was one of the worst hotels I have stayed at yet!! When my friend and I were getting ready to go to sleep, I found a used tampon in my bed!!! So when I went to the lobby to report this issue, and tell the worker I wanted a new room ASAP, he was very rude about the problem. He didn't even apologize or anything, so at 12 in the morning my friend and I had to pack up all are things and move to another room. Obviously the sheets had not been washed because the tampon was IN the sheets!!! Also, the coffee maker in the room was broken, and the toilet wouldn't flush. So I would tell anyone who was planning to stay here or is going to, to cancel their reservation, and find another hotel.

• Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Austin hotels

Texas
Reviewed 30 August 2009

Just stayed here for a weekend while doing some hiking in the area with a friend. Did not need a fancy hotel, just something clean and comfortable. This one barely met those standards. The hotel is a little hard to find and in a strange location. I did not feel real safe going out to my car at night. The rooms were average/small, smelled musty and felt "wet". The bathroom needed significant updating and a good cleaning. The hallway was extremely hot. The knobs on the AC unit were broken off. The lobby seemed like the kind of place you would sit while waiting to get the oil changed in your car. Breakfast was poor, minimal at best ( cold boiled eggs, bannaas and toast). Would definitely not stay here again and would probably not stay at any Comfort Inn again....

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends