Residence Inn Austin South
USD 253*
Courtyard
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest(Austin)(Great Value!)
USD 125*
USD 296*
USD 263*
USD 305*
USD 275*
USD 202*
USD 179*
  • Breakfast included
Omni Austin Hotel Downtown(Austin)
USD 289*
  • Restaurant
USD 252*
USD 215*
InterContinental
  • Restaurant
Wyndham Garden Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
USD 132*
W Austin(Austin)
USD 258*
  • Pool
Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa(Austin)
USD 328*
USD 295*
  • Pool
All reviewsoperations managerfront deskbedroom suitefrontage roadfull kitchenmarriott propertiesgreat place to staythe breakfast arealiving areaup to datefree breakfastextended stayi highly recommend this hotelpleasant stayyogurthome away from homebeds were comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 March 2012

More than a hotel room. A self contained unit with the high Marriott standard of bedding. Great self breakfast and short walk from Marriott Bar and Restaurant.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
RISouth, Manager at Residence Inn Austin South, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2012

David,

First off, thank you for your review, we value feedback from our guests. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay here in Austin! We hope to see you again next time you are in the Austin area!

Reviewed 20 October 2011

As a Marriott Gold member I would have expected better. If you're a traveler going through Austin - beware. This hotel has issues and was not upfront upon check-in about the hot water issue. The front desk clerk knew a boiler was down and we wouldn't have HOT water in the morning for a shower. It was luke warm at best.

Room had mold, cracked tile and stained carpet. Who knew what else was there that you couldn't see. I couldn't wait to leave.

My company I and would suggest staying somewhere else until this hotel addresses the issues.

Room Tip: There aren't any. Find a different hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank DRICE99

DRICE99,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about the hotel. I want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We have been working hard to ensure that our guests enjoy their stay with us. We have recently been completely renovated with beautiful new rooms and public areas (see the new pictures), as well as a new boiler to ensure that our guests have plenty of hot water!

I hope you will give us another try next time you are in the Austin area!

Reviewed 20 October 2011

I stay at Marriott Properties all over the country. I've stayed at every type of property as well and never had as bad an experience as I did at this property. The property is old and in serious need of a remodel. As I entered the room, it had a pungent smell. I was only there one night so I decided to just open the windows, turn on the air and get going....I was pressed for time and didn't have the opportunity to deal with room changes. I immediately left for a meeting and returned that evening. After further review, I noticed the carpeting was filthy and had several stains. The kitchen counter was also filthy as was the stove. When I attempted to shower....there was NO HOT WATER. I called the front desk to find out they were aware of the issue, were awaiting parts and did not offer any solution. They also failed to tell me this upon check-in which while wouldn't have solved the problem, I would have had an option to do something about it. While in the cold shower, I noticed mold on the ceilings and on the wallpaper in the bathroom. In general, I would say the property was filthy, the PC in the lobby was slower than my cell phone for pulling my airline web page, the dinner/evening snack is only served 3 days per week....this night had "deli sandwiches.". One of the worst experiences in a Residence Inn I've ever had. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank ExitRowAisle

ExitRowAisle,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so sorry for the experience you had at the Residence Inn, but please know that we have been working very hard to improve the quality of our rooms and our guest's overall stay.

As of February, we have been completely renovated (please see the pictures), and we have also replaced the boiler to ensure that our guests have plenty of hot water.

We would love the opportunity to host your stay next time you are in the Austin area.

Reviewed 21 September 2011

Ask for a room away from the highway side. It is so loud all night. Also the auto temp regulator turns on the fan periodically, and it is so loud also, then it stops. Then it starts. Stops. Starts. But the folks w ho work here are awesome. If I could stay downtown, I would do that!

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I am a Marriott platinum member and stayed here with my team (normally stay at Full Service Marriott nearby) but although rooms need updating(same furniture as was here 5 yrs ago) rooms are clean and comfortable. A/C was great in the two weeks I was in Austin temps were 105-109 and I was able to keep room comfortable. They did upgrade TVs on my 10th day to newer 32" LCDs. This is a pet (Dog) friendly hotel and I was foutunate enough to be on the dog floor but I like dogs.

• Stayed: August 2011