We have had a good experience at a different Residence Inn but I can't say that we recommend this one. It is a nice layout when you have kids because you can put them to bed in the bedroom and then stay up together and sleep on the sofa bed in the living area. It's also nice to have the kitchen on hand for favorite foods quickly. But, overall this hotel was not the greatest.
-It has been updated from previous reviews (see photos) so it is a pleasant looking space.
-The separate bedroom and the kitchen with fridge, stovetop, microwave, and dishwasher-dishes, cups, pans, utensils provided
-Decent breakfast offered.
-Very nice staff.
-Air/heat worked well
-They set up a pack n play type bed before we got there
-A small selection of snacks, drinks, microwavable food if you are in a pinch
-They will go grocery shopping for you if you provide a list
-A pretty crappy area of Austin-not unsafe, just blah-right near highway and far from nice spots
-Many small issues with the room that add up-drawers that don't close, wobbly and loud toilet, creaky cabinets, bedroom door with no handle, etc. They obviously took some shortcuts on the remodel leaving old furniture and cabinets.
-Breakfast ends at 9am which was early for us because we were on Pacific Time
-Our "view" was of all the air conditioner units right outside our window
-Bathroom is in bedroom so my husband and I didn't want to go in there and use it at night and wake up our little guy (especially with the incredibly loud toilet)
-There was some minor highway noise, it didn't bother us much but it's definitly there.
Overall, we felt okay about this hotel but it wasn't great. They seem to be moving in the right direction with the remodel but they have some more work to do to make this a nice place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Residence Inn Austin South is within driving distance to many of the area's attractions, including the unique ambiance of 6th Street, the excitement of the University of Texas and Longhorn football, and Austin's Town Lake with miles of hiking and biking trails. All pet-friendly suites have fully-equipped kitchens, flat-screen TVs, free WiFi and separate living and sleeping areas. The property also features complimentary breakfast and weekday evening reception, outdoor pool, fitness room, and outdoor multi-purpose Sport Court. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, lastminute.com.au, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Residence Inn Austin South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Austin South Hotel Austin
- Austin Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Austin South Texas