“Worth the trip”

Whole Foods Market
Ranked #16 of 4,242 Restaurants in Austin
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Welcome to your Austin, TX Whole Foods Market! Founded in 1978 in Austin, Texas, Whole Foods Market is the leading retailer of natural and organic foods, the first national "Certified Organic" grocer, and uniquely positioned as America's Healthiest Grocery Store™.
Reviewed 25 September 2018

This is a good place for shopping and food. However this night, the food was dry and not so great for the fresh bar. I will come back to this place. This was a rainy night so it was chaotic which is not the norm.

Reviewed 13 September 2018

I come here as soon as I land and continue to grab stuff throughout my stays. There is literally something for everyone - including a bar! I wish all Whole Foods were like this one. So much seating, tons of registers, and so many options.

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

If you’ve never been here you should go it’s quite the experience. However bring your entire paycheck. Most of us know the organic thing is a joke. But for those of you who wish to remain ignorant, have at it. Sure, you can find some specialty items here but are they worth the price you pay. Quite a bit has changed since Amazon bought them but for the most part it’s the same. If you’re looking for some bang for your buck you won’t find it here. Aside from your meat and fish department the employees are clueless. But please find out for yourself.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

I have one kinda local to me, but it is an hour away from home and in a location that while I visit the city, I never go to this area. So while down in Austin I figured I would check it out and see what all the fuss is about... I was fairly blown away. I have never seen so much different options and fresh things in a long time. I miss the days of local butchers and fish mongers doing what they do best, everything now days is prepackaged and shipped in... kinda makes me sad. So when I was walking around Whole Foods only to see this... It was a very nice change.. makes me miss the old days. The layout is alien to me... trying to find things was difficult, but the store is so vast that I dont think I saw everything. It was a sight to see.

Reviewed 29 July 2018

Here is the easiest way to describe this Whole Foods - if someone were to list everything they sold at this location, ranked each item from best to worst and eliminated the top 50% of items, you would have a normal Whole Foods. I had the BBQ wrap for $4.99 - it was awesome and filling, I also had the salmon poke which was great and reasonably priced. It was fun to notice all the other restaurants inside this Whole Foods. Today was my first time at this location. I have no idea if it got worse after Amazon. All I know is it is still by far the best Whole Foods. I wish my neighborhood Whole Foods was half as good.

Been to Whole Foods Market? Share your experiences!