“Late Dinner”

Price range: USD 15 - USD 20
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Mexican, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Avery Ranch Blvd.
Description: Our fresh, flavorful and innovative menus showcase the bold and robust flavors of Arizona, California, Louisiana, New Mexico and Texas. We take traditional ingredients, spices and cooking techniques from around the South to create a taste without borders.
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

We were disappointed in the mushroom burritos that we ordered. The cornbread was okay, but very dry. I expected a lot more from a Mexican restaurant. I ate here over 6 years ago and the food was very good.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Went to celebrate with my wife. She just got off crutches. Had an amazing brunch (Sunday), and the service was fantastic. Get a table outside, and ask for "Katie".

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

We had not been to this location in about a year and a half. We were not impressed then, and we are not now. So sad. They used to be an Austin institution, but it is a tired brand, and lacks the creativity and initial recipes that made them famous. For example: we used to order the delicious sea food enchiladas, which were rolled enchiladas with shrimp, and maybe crab. Now, it is two flat corn tortillas with a small sea food filling and 2 grilled small shrimp on top. Unimpressed. The 5 cheese Mac and cheese with chicken was equally unimpressive. The corn bread skillet, which used to be complementary, is now $3.00. Ok, we get it. We ordered it and enjoyed it. Changes! For dessert, on the dinner chalk board, it stated that Key Lime Pie was their featured dessert. Uhhh, waiter said that they were sold out by 4:00pm! Ridiculous!
We will say that, at least, we got Stella Artois in a proper Stella glass and their Margarita Martini was delicious. Moral to this story: go for apps and drinks and elsewhere for dinner. Too bad. Used to be good.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

I really like Mexican Martini's. But the Perfect Patron Martini was just awful Good volume but not what I am use to having. Land & Cattle on 183 has the best ever Mexican Martini's. This was not close. I had the Grilled Ruby Trout Salad. However, I failed to tell the waiter to have dressing on the side. It was so spicy that I couldn't eat all the greens. Too, too much dressing. But Michael was an excellent server. He also made sure the AC went on once we walked it, it was very warm. It's been 2 years or more since I've been a this restaurant and before that was in the Arboretum and it seemed to be OK then. Either my taste has changed or this location on Parmer is not for me. Could be a bit of both.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

Service wasn't so great either. I wasn't impressed with the menu, décor, service, or food. Too noisy for normal conversation.

Been to Z'Tejas Southwestern Grill? Share your experiences!