“Enjoyed my stay!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Arlington B&B and Inns
Bel Air, Maryland
“Enjoyed my stay!”
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Terrific place to stay! Bed was comfy and room was inviting. Breakfast was delicious. Grounds were beautiful. Next time I'm in town, I plan to bring my husband. It's very romantic.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed 16 January 2012

My husband planned a surprise get-away for us. I had no idea where we were headed.. once we arrived I was still leary..He had booked one of the Cottages-The Bristol- and once we walked, it was AMAZING!! The rooms were so clean and comfortable. The next morning we went to breakfast which was wonderful! Then I was off to the hour massage and pedicure he booked! Everyone was sooooo nice and accommadating! Def. a place I would love to visit and recommend to everyone!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Morro Bay, California
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Stayed here over Thanksgiving weekend for the Cowboys game and loved it! We stayed in the Mozart room and couldn't believe how comfortable the mattress was - we did not want to get out of bed in the morning. Made-to-order breakfast and parking are both included in the room rate. The stadium is within walking distance (less than a mile), but they offered a really quick shuttle to the game for $10/person which made it even better. They even served a complimentary Thanksgiving brunch, complete with turkey, ham, sides, pies and beer/wine! Very happy we lucked into this place!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed 2 January 2012

My husband and I are no longer part of the "let's get drunk and party" set. For New Year's Eve, we have decided to make it a more romantic evening. We really enjoyed dinner at the Sanford House. We live in North Arlington, so it was close and that's a good thing for that night. They had a priced fix menu and it had a nice variety, steak, fish and chicken. We had to wait few minutes for our reserved table about 15 minutes, just waiting of the first dinner setting to leave. This gave us just enough time to have a drink in the cozy bar. Bartender was really nice. The Chef introduced herself while we were in the bar she was nice and engaging. The food was all great; we both enjoyed the rib eye that was perfectly seasoned. It was not the huge steakhouse rib eye, but it was well balanced with the plate. The soup and salad were also very good, as was the dessert. The service was great and unobtrusive without being stuffy, too friendly or bothersome.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Nacogdoches, Texas
Reviewed 25 November 2011

This jewel was a great find in the midst of busy, busy Arlington. When you stay here, you forget you're in the midst of the metroplex!

I had booked one night in the Brahms, but after staying the first night, I booked a second! The room was tastefully decorated and felt very comfortable. THIS is a place to RELAX! I particularly the seating area in the cupola overlooking the courtyard. On the second night of my stay, there was a wedding there, and despite my fears that it might be noisy, it wasn't. In fact, it was lovely with the music drifting up to my room.

The breakfast was nice. It was served off the courtyard in what probably used to be the pool house.

I plan on staying at The Sanford House again, but next time I'll bring my husband for some quiet time together. :)

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely! I recommend staying in the main house.