“Not the best in town”

On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina
Ranked #68 of 924 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Mexican, Grill
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Every day at 8 a.m., we start chopping veggies, soaking beans, and prepping our mesquite-fired grill. Not because we have to, but because we believe in delicious flavors made-to-order, from hand-rolled enchiladas to our sizzling fajitas to guacamole made right at your table. Everything pairs nicely with a grande margarita, and of course, enjoy the always endless chips and salsa.
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

I have been to this place on multiple occasions and lately have been disappointed. The chimichanga I had tasted like soap and the "family style" dishes just take up all the space on the table. The place needs a face lift. I used to like "OTB" but not my favorite any longer.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

This was a take out order for a business meeting. I could not order on-line for some reason, so I called the 800 number. The person on the other end was very helpful in aiding me to the best selections to feed 18 people on a tight budget. Everyone loved the food and I will return as a loyal customer.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for a margarita and nachos before a ballgame. Both were decent and they got us in and out fast.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

I love Mexican food. On the Border is a great mix of Tex Mex on my side of town. Unfortunately the one that's closet to me has the worst service. Please do not go to the one in DeSoto. The food is good when if you get it. We went and ordered food and never got it. We were only delivered the appetizer. Then the waitress was socializing at the front the whole time. She had the nerve to bring us our check as if we received our orders. We informed, she acted surprised with this stupid look on her face. I asked for a mgr and of course he never came. That was my 3rd time trying to give this location a try, trust me I will not be back.
Back in the day the service was never this bad, I don't know what went wrong.

Reviewed 18 May 2017

On our last visit, the table was so sticky that the menus were stuck to them. The floor was so sticky I almost lost a sandal when the server moved us to another table! - The food is just ok, nothing outstanding - service is usually fairly quick and attentive. It isn't one of our favorite places, but they do have patio dining, which is nice about three days of the year here in Texas. Drinks are icy cold and delicious. We have so many choices of Tex-Mex but sometimes end up here for something specific - like the grilled chicken with queso and avocado. It's generally a good place to meet friends, the servers never make you feel rushed or that it's time to leave if you have finished your meal. Tables are not too crowded, noise level is ok - lots of families and friends are here.