Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Aransas Pass/Corpus Chris
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Aransas Pass
Reviewed 21 August 2011

I stayed here with my 4 yr. old daughter. The single room was the smallest hotel room I have ever seen. You could bearly walk around the bed without hitting the wall. I paid to upgrade to a larger double room. It was well worth it to have space to move and open a suitcase. It also comes with fridge and tiny microwave. The bed was very saggy so beware if you have back problems. The staff was friendly and helpful. The ice machine was also broken. There is a gas station in the back part which my room faced, so the lights would shine into the room and you could hear people talking and music at all hours. Would stay here again in a double room on the opposite side as the gas station.

Room Tip: Get a double room away from the gas station.
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
MawMaw122158, Guest Relations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Aransas Pass/Corpus Chris, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2011

Thanks so much for staying at the Microtel. Your comments mean alot to us. We strive for the best service and accommodations in Aransas Pass, TX.

During your stay you must have stayed in our 1 bedroom standard room. They are quit small, but our 2 bedrooms and suites are very roomy, a little more expensive but truly worth the price. They also come with more amenities like the microwave and refrigerator. Please try us again, you won't be disappointed.

Thanks so much for your response and have a Marvelous Day.

Guest Service Manager

There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Aransas Pass/Corpus Chris

Reviewed 9 August 2011

I booked this hotel for a 2 day stay based on the number and quality of the reviews posted. Based on the low price we paid I was a little skeptical, but I have to say the positive reviews were right on.

The Location: Great location only a few short miles straight down the road from the ferries to Port Aransas. Not a lot of chain restaurants in Aransas Pass, but there is a Popeyes Fried Chicken next door. If you like southern home cooking, the rustic Butter Churn restaurant has a good buffet and is only about 5 minutes away. A big H.E.B. store about 1/2 block up the street from the hotel.

The Room: We reserved a 1 queen bed room and the room was smaller than most comparably priced motels, but it's far from the smallest room I've stayed in. We had no problem moving around the room and the accommodations were very comfortable. TV had a good selection of cable channels.

The room was equipped with a coffeemaker, iron, and had a little padded window seat. It was blistering hot outside but the AC kept the room very cool. No microwave or refrigerator.

Bathroom was decent sized and shower had good water pressure. I don't know if it was an oversight but there was no shampoo in our room. No big deal since my beautiful wife always brings extra.

Breakfast: I don't normally eat the continental breakfasts at these kinds of hotels anymore, but we ate here both days. They had scrambled eggs, sausage links, fresh baked biscuits and the waffle makers that are so common today. They also had cereal, bagels, bread, juice, decent coffee, and fresh fruit. One nice touch was all the extra condiments like salsa. This was not quite like the Hampton Inn breakfast, but is a very nice spread for a discount hotel.

Overall, we very much enjoyed our stay. It was quiet and comfortable and the the front desk people was very nice and helpful. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Save money by getting the smaller 1 queen room
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for staying at the Microtel Inn & Suites. We are so glad that your stay was a success and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 26 July 2011

The place looks ok from afar but look close and you start to see what your really getting. The Hotel had me sign a waiver that said if I had a pet they would charge me $50 dollars extra. When I got to my room I saw why. The room smelled like dog urine. It was horrible, the would not change my room, because they were booked solid. The sheets were dirty as well. The house keeping is not changing the sheets and I had to call and make them change them. I asked for an extra blanket and could not get one. The breakfast area is a lot smaller than it appears in the picture. Most people grab something and took it back to the room. The staff had to be told repeatedly that they were out of everything at the breakfast area. They also did not honor the price that they had confirmed threw e-mail.

2  Thank teachthemyoung

Thanks so much for staying at the Microtel Inn & Suites. We appreciate your responce and comments and I will look over the pictures and make sure the updated ones are on trip advisor.

We truly look forward to your next visit. Have a Wonderful Day.

Reviewed 22 July 2011

Booked online at 55 dollars a night. The hotel appears fairly new or at least recently renivated. The staff appeared new and a gentlemen checking in at the same time made the comment, "where is the old staff, I dont recognize anyone here". The owner was standing behind the counter smiling and acknowledged he was the new owner. Everything was 4 stars with the exception of the small; no tiny swimming pool and breakfast area. Everything else says your getting a really good deal.

Room Tip: search at least 3 days in advance and check room when you arrive
2  Thank curt1480

Thanks so much for staying at the Microtel Inn & Suites. We are so glad that your stay was a good one and look forward to seeing you again.

Have a Wonderful Day!

Reviewed 18 July 2011

We have stayed at the Microtel Inn a couple of times now and we enjoy our stay so much, I decided it definitely deserves a good review. It is so clean and the staff is so accommodating that we won't stay anywhere else in the area. The breakfast is well-stocked and well-serviced. The kids loved the blue pool and hot tub. It is a stone's throw away from the ferry to Port Aransas and walking distance to the tourist information office and grocery store. You can't get better value. The room was so cold we had to turn DOWN the A/C which is saying something in this Texas heat! Kudos to you, Microtel! Keep up the good work!

1  Thank globetrottersteph

Thanks so much for your loyalty in coming back to stay with us. We appreciate guest like you and strive to give you the best service and accommodations on your visits to Aransas Pass.

Have a Marvelous Day!

BEST WESTERN Port Aransas
#1 of 20 in Port Aransas
11.4 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Port Aransas

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Aransas Pass/Corpus Chris? Share your experiences!