“Good old fashioned dining experience.”
Review of Bakery Cafe

Bakery Cafe
Ranked #4 of 35 Restaurants in Aransas Pass
Price range: USD 0 - USD 8
Reviewed 1 July 2013

This is an old fashioned diner with bar stools at the counter!
Service was good and the food was excellent. Your home cooked favorites including turkey and dressing, chicken fried steak, and club sandwiches. Prices can't be beat for lunch specials under $8.00 with enough food for a doggy bag! On the main drag, you can't miss it!

Reviewed 21 May 2013

This place is just a typical greasy spoon cafe. Nothing here is baked - simply thawed out and cook poorly. The service is non-existant and the coffee may be the worst in the county. And don't look up the light fixtures are full of dead bugs.

Reviewed 3 May 2013

You know the food is great if it's where the locals eat. I eat there at least once a week and sometimes more if company comes in from out of town.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 24 March 2013

was craving seafood decided to try bakery café had not been there in years, we were seated I open the menu and there it was fresh gulf seafood, yes flounder, drum, snapper,,,,,,,,,, I asked the young lady which types of fish they were serving, I choked on m y water when she said tilapia and catfish what I said while spitting out water thru my nose. I asked about the claim in large bold letters proudly displayed on the menu she then informed me that's what they served and if I had a problem to see the owners. well I paid for my drinks and wobble outa there as fast as I could. so I would recommend that you skip this joint if you are looking for fresh gulf seafood

Reviewed 21 March 2013 via mobile

This was my 5th trip there and I have nothing negative to say. The food was delicious, the service the best, and they give huge portions. My favorite was the chicken fried steak. The best I have found yet.