“Clean and quiet hotel with a friendly Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn West Medical Center

Quality Inn West Medical Center
Ranked #45 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Amarillo, Texas
“Clean and quiet hotel with a friendly Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

I am from Amarillo and recently had some plumbing repairs done at my home. I wanted a hotel that was located close to I-40, but did'nt sit right off I-40 (too noisy). The rooms are huge,they have obviously had a recent remodel, and were very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast had a great variety of hot and cold (cereals) breakfast foods! I will definitely recommed this hotel when I have clients or family members coming to town!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BWMCI_GM, General Manager at Quality Inn West Medical Center, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
We appreciate the positive feedback and are glad your stay with us was pleasant. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2011

The staff was friendly and very helpful. It is very close to the hospital which was the reason for my trip. The rooms were recently renovated with carpet and furniture, however, they should have put some of that money on the bed. It was so uncomfortable I couldn't sleep and have to drive 4 hours back home. Also, can hear the people above me walking around. I will not return just because the bed is so hard and uncomfortable.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BWMCI_GMPatel, General Manager at Quality Inn West Medical Center, responded to this review, 19 October 2011
Thank you for your feedback as we are always trying to improve. I do hope you consider us again as the firmness of beds do differ throughout the property. Again, thank you for your review.
Fort Collins, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

We haved stayed at this motel-hotel for the past 4 or 5 years. It has undergone a remodel and upgrade. We had no real complaints on the room at all but the breakfast was a little short. They had bisquits but was out of gravy, no omlette. We notified the desk as the person working the breakfast area didn't speak english, but she kept the area super clean. The desk apoligized.

Room Tip: We asked for a King non smoking and that is exactly what we had on arrival.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BWMCI_GMPatel, Manager at Quality Inn West Medical Center, responded to this review, 19 October 2011
Thank you for your review. I do apologize for not having all the breakfast items in stock during your stay. I can assure you that we will have everything ready for your next arrival. We do appreciate your loyalty to our property and look forward to seeing you soon, take care.
surrey, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2011

Booked as part of a whole tour traveeling from East to West on route 66 with my 11 and 4 years olds

The hotel is in the hospital district, easy to find and plenty of parking. Parking near rooms is easy.

The room was huge with a fridge and microwave. Juliette balcony looking over carpark but out to amazing sunset. Two big double beds.

Laundry facility was cheap but slow and only limited machines so I queued for ages.

Nearby to interstate, shopping centre and Amarillo Boulevard (original route 66) for lovely quaint sites

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank willowhopkins
Thank you for your review. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you on your next trip throughout the states, take care!
Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2010

This place was a total dump. The room smelled moldy and the whole place looked run down. We were on a road trip and pre-booked this hotel. Had we not driven 12 plus hours, there is no way we would have stayed here. We were just too tired to look for another hotel. This place was way over priced for the quality. Do yourself a favor and look for another hotel. I usually check out trip advisor and take other travelers advice. I should have checked others opinions about this place before I booked it. The area that this hotel is located in is seedy.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
Thank you for your review. The time of your stay was the finish of our major renovation and turnaround of the company as it was my first month on the property. I do apologize for any inconveniences which occurred during your visit. I am proud to say that everything was completed in May. I hope you consider trying us again in the near future, take care.