All reviews room was clean cable channels king bed waffles fitness center road trip cs sink freeway
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped here on our way to Tucson. I was a little worried after reading some reviews, and when we pulled up it looked a little run down. But when we went inside I pleasantly surprised. Nice room and one of the most comfortable beds I slept in at a hotel. Breakfast was decent, your run of the mill hotel breakfast but good enough to keep our kids full until lunch!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

This is 100% the worst experience ever
I am an active duty Soldier. I use Amarillo as a mid way point to meet family
When I booked this hotel I specifically asked about the pool and was told it was open. Upon check in it was closed
Because I used a friend's and family link by the same chain. The manager and not even corporate customer relations would assist me i saw the owner on site. U approached him with an issue and he got in his truck and drove off
I literally left this hotel for extrmely unprofessional customer service from the owner down to manager to front desk and even all way top to corporate
The facilities is very poor. I have staid in worst places down range
This hotel is one I will never return to
Not just because they treated an active duty soldier this way but the fact they lied when I booked this hotel and did absolutely nothing to resolve it other than to make the owner money
Well you have lost my business forever
When I say stat away from this place. Literally I would say go look for yourself and you will then know even you would do the same. That is to walk away and better yet not even book this hotel - even if it was last room available

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank wg0588
Reviewed 31 January 2018

I don't mind a no frills place, not at all. Especially when I'm alone I won't spend a ton of money on a hotel. Unfortunately this time I definitely should have ponied up a few extra bucks and saved myself some serious hassle.

Prior to check in I'd called to get some details about the room, because I'd for sure need a small fridge and a way to make hot water for tea at night. I was really encouraged by the helpful attitude I felt from the lady, and she assured me she'd make sure to get me a full sized fridge in my room before I arrived.

Check in process- fine- no problem.

Hotel needs baseboards installed, cleaning, and finishing up of projects that have clearly fallen behind. There were piles of tiles and what-not in the stairwell. I know this because on my last morning, I had to carry my bags down the three flights of stairs because the (only) elevator was not working. The stair well is dirty.

Arrival at room around 5 pm. Pretty good condition, all seemed reasonably clean and ready. No big fridge as I'd thought, but it was ok. By 7 pm the tv wouldn't work. Called front desk and the lady came and tried for about half an hour to get it to work, and suggested a room change if, after the reset process finished, it wouldn't work. It didn't. Mind you I've got a lot to accomplish that night, and I need to go to bed soon and changing rooms after I've pretty much unpacked was less than convenient. But I was trying to work with her- it's not her fault. So I switched rooms. About 15 minutes later she came back with more room keys, I would have to move again because this room has no hot water.

So again, I pack up all my stuff, again, right after I'd unpacked it for the second time. I had to go downstairs in my pj's because I got locked out after having three sets of keys get all confused. Now I'm getting irritated, and so I asked for a discount for all the trouble. She said no problem.

Get through my very physically demanding weekend, and check out. Ask about the discount- she can't do it because it was booked through expedia or something. She gave me the managers card. I might call, I might just recommend NO ONE GO THERE EVER.

Room tip: The elevator might work, might not, so floor choice could become important
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

Rooms were big and spacious! Bathroom was a nice size! Rooms were clean and staff was good! Breakfast was as good as any other place! Guest Laundry service was not updated in the last 10yrs but machines worked! It was a noisy from streets!

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 1 January 2018

Very easy check in,clean rooms and great customer service make this a great place to stay in Amarillo. Conveniently located near I-27 you can be anywhere quick! I will be back the next time I'm in Amarillo!

Date of stay: March 2017