“Best Chili Verde Burrito! ”
Review of Lupita's Grill

Lupita's Grill
Ranked #184 of 532 Restaurants in Amarillo
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

I have been a huge fan of the original Lupitas on East 10th for many years and had not tried the Western location till yesterday. The chili verde burrito was even better than the 1st location, so much I had another one today. It is a big burrito just stuffed with perfectly sautéed spicy pork shoulder with green chilis. No Tex-Mex stuff, just solid meat. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

Wanted to eat a little something different in Amarillo and looked up Mexican food and this popped right up. This place is amazing. It's a little kitchen with a big heart. I ordered a torta with red pork chili it was so good for the price. Salsa there is excellent! And I will be back as soon as I am in love again.

Reviewed 20 August 2015

Basically one of my favorite dives! I love the small quaint atmosphere and it helps that the food is good! My favorite is the Chili Verde burritos, you can't beat a basket of chips salsa and a burrito for under $5. We often stop in here for TO and pick up 3-4 burritos then take them home split one add it to a tortilla from home and make two from a single, add a little shredded cheese and your now in business! I love this place!

Reviewed 9 July 2015

My buddies and I eat here regularly when we are in town. The chili verde burrito is the bomb. One will fill up the most hearty eaters even my son can get by on one although he gets two when he's starving "he is a 6'3 and 220lb teenager". This is a spicy lunch so if your weak and don't like spicy food stay away :)

Reviewed 15 June 2015

I went here Saturday afternoon around 2pm. There were three other tables in the restaurant with people at them. We order one kids meal (taco with beans and rice) and some chicken dish (grilled chicken, vegetables, beans/rice, and tortillas).

We waited at least 45 minutes for our food and by the time we paid out, we had been there over an hour. Two plates.....45 minutes to get to us. The waitress said the chicken dish took a while to cook. I don't see how, as it was basically a chicken fajitas plate.

It tasted good, but nothing stood out for sure. Chips and salsa were good, the corn tortillas were good as well.

Upon walking in, there was a dish bucket catching dripping water from the ceiling.

This isn't a place I'll go back to. It isn't exactly close to my house, but nothing about it would entice me to return.

If you want decent mexican food and have nothing to do for a whole afternoon, go here. If you value your time, go elsewhere.