“Without Wedding Cake”

Belmar Bakery & Cafe - Bell St
Ranked #11 of 18 Dessert in Amarillo
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Ever since I got engaged i planned on using Belmar for my wedding cake! I USED TO love this visiting this bakery when I was in town. We are having a very small courthouse wedding in October. I came into the bakery today to order a 10' cake. I was told I cannot order a wedding cake without a consultation. I am not having a traditional wedding. Very small, less than 15 people. I was denied service. I was not asking for huge full on wedding cake. I wanted a small simple one tier chocolate cake with white frosting. That's barely even considered a wedding cake in my book. I will not be returning to this bakery again. I am very disappointed in the customer service. And I am now left without a wedding cake and still searching for a new bakery.

Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

Decent breakfast. Good cakes. But lunch is gross. Everything from the bakery is good. But again lunch is enough to kill some one that is lactose intolerant.

Reviewed 2 February 2017

I used to drop by here way more, but as the prices have kept increasing thru the years, I have gradually stopped coming as much. I know they had to increase their prices, as the prices to make their items have increased, but I am upset that their prices have almost doubled and the actual quantity of food you get such as their cupcakes has decreased in size to be almost half. So if you are paying almost double of what you used to, and getting a really small cupcake, it just makes it an upsetting and really disappointing experience, where you feel like you are getting gypped. I don't really feel like you get a good value or good quantity for what you pay.

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

Great place to get a birthday cake or special occasion cookies. They have a good lunch as well. If you need a cake at the last minute, they have grab and go cakes.

Reviewed 20 June 2016

We stopped here for coffee and a quick bite to eat and ended up buying baked goods to go. The sausage biscuit with the spicy cherry jam was delicious, though the biscuit was not a traditional biscuit. The Croque Amy is huge and was deemed delicious, as well. Both came with a min muffin that was moist and flavorful. The coffee is pretty good, too. We got a peach turnover, a marble cupcake and an apricot stick to go as we had a long ride ahead of us. We ended up eating the cupcake that evening and it was delicious! Probably the best cupcake we have had in years. The apricot stick and turnover weren't shared until the next day, yet they both tasted fresh and delicious. This is a great stop!