“Lox on Plain Bagel very good”
Review of Bagel Place

Bagel Place
Ranked #3 of 9 Bakeries in Amarillo
Reviewed 21 June 2017

I was out and got hungry so stopped in for a light lunch. Ordered at the counter the Lox on Plain Bagel with chips. When ready they brought the lunch to my table which was very good. Service was friendly and efficient. Note during lunch it can get very busy so there might be a small line at the counter to order. Normally the person who takes the order also makes the meal. Good size parking lot out side and the outdoor seating area is shaded and pleasant.

Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

This place is great for bagels and a yummy lunch!! They also sell pieces of pie and cake! Also, TBP has a large selection of bagels!!

Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

Friday Morning in Amarillo Texas I was looking for a place for a breakfast or brunch snack, nothing formal, not a fast food place either. A quick search with 'Siri' brought up the 'Bagel Place'.
It is located close to I40 and not far from the Amarillo mall, very easy to find. The building looks like a former fast food place, they added a nice outdoor patio with shade and seating. Unfortunately the panhandle wind was a little strong this morning.
Inside it was more welcoming. No fast food atmosphere here. No corporate processed microwaved limp sandwiches. It took me a moment to locate the menu and I had a short delay finding what I was looking for. They have a great selection of sandwiches, bagels, croissants, and pitas. I think bagels are actually baked in house, not sure about the other baked items. I finally found my classic to go to bagel: lox with cream cheese. Not one for everybody, but I think a must have for any bagel shop. I ordered a medium latte with it.
My order arrived after a short wait and I was so pleasantly surprised. A very generously sized bagel with equally large amount of fresh lox, cream cheese, capers, thin sliced fresh tomatoes and a perfect amount of thin sliced red onion. No fancy presentation, the two bagel halves filled a round black plate, but the food spoke for itself as another guest commented "oh wow! What is that? that looks DELICIOUS".
It was indeed a perfect lox bagel. Fresh slightly doughy bagel, smooth cool cream cheese, and delicious lox.
I saw other sandwiches come out that looked equally yummy.Cold cuts are high quality boars head brand. My thought is if they can do a good lox bagel everything else has to be good to, and I will definitely visit again.

1  Thank pedi-dent
Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

...maybe even better. Large selection of fresh bagels and cream cheeses. Variety of sandwiches and drinks. Worth the stop heading thru the TX Panhandle at 34th & Bell.

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

The Lox on a plain Bagel is what I go for and enjoy for a pleasant lunch. Atmosphere is ok but small and can be crowded, they do have a covered outdoor patio. You order at the counter, move over to pay at a different spot get a number then find a table. When the order is ready a waiter brings it to your table. My Lox was very good plenty of meat, cream cheese, onion, tomatoes, and capers. Personnel were friendly so you feel comfortable and not at all rushed. Parking is available in their lot.