“Very Different From the Old Blue Front”
Review of Blue Front Cafe

Blue Front Cafe
Ranked #254 of 526 Restaurants in Amarillo
Reviewed 23 May 2017

My husband and I went for lunch. I had heard that it was reopened, thinking that it would look and be the same. We were in for a big shock and suprise. It is very upscale and the menu has been completely changed.
We had the fried catfish. The only thing we weren't impressed with was the cole slaw. It was very soupy and sweet. The fish was very good as well as the hushpuppies. The fries were okay but very soggy. Other than that, it was a nice change of pace.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

This is a great little cafe on Route 66. They actually have oysters, however just about anything is good. Since we were a bit early for lunch, I had their breakfast and it was quite good. Our friends had soup and sandwich, which they also said were quite good. Nice atmosphere and friendly service. Will be back.

1  Thank Retired_in_MX
Reviewed 31 January 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is a piece of history on the historic Route 66. It is also a great place for breakfast. A flare of Mexican with Huevos Rancheros and Chorizo...my wife was a fan. I enjoyed the more traditional two eggs over easy with the homemade potatoes...yum! We had quick and friendly service. The locals were coming in at a good stream. That is always a good sign. Good job!

Reviewed 22 January 2017

I haven't been here in years, but they have truly upgraded the place. They oysters were good. Really liked the Peel n eat Shrimp. The crab cakes were good but not our favorite. Overall a great visit.

Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

Haven't been to this establishment since 2008, decided to give it try since it was advertising a new manager. Jessica is wonderful and the food is great and the beer is cold, what more could you ask for.