“Ashmore Inn Amarillo” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Grapevine, Texas
“Ashmore Inn Amarillo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

These are very nice people--typical West Texas hospitality--and, all in all, this is a very nice place, especially for a non-chain. The rooms are good size, good TVs, nice beds...all good. The bathrooms are a bit small, but not ridiculously so.

The only problem I have encountered...the halls always seem to have a questionable odor. It is not just being downwind from the feed lot! :) It is a problem that needs to be addressed.

The afternoon "snack" and breakfast are certainly more than adequate for this type of establishment. I do recommend this for a good value.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

Everything about the hotel and the room was absolutely perfect. One of the nicest places we've encountered. Saved about 50% by booking on hotels.com instead of the Ashmore Inn web site, but I didn't realize until after the transaction that I was actually paying in advance for the room rather than using my card to reserve the room. I have no idea what kind of experience I would have had if a cancellation had been attempted. Allegedly it is possible and routine but the fact that the room was already paid in advance was just a bit disconcerting. Nevertheless, if this is what it takes to get such a great hotel for under $60 per night, then I guess I would do it again.

Room Tip: We got a king size room with fridge and could not have been happier. Has an elevator so no problem i...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

We stayed here one night on our way to New Mexico. The hotel is off the road, so you won't hear noise from the Interstate. The room was quite adequate plus being very clean. As other reviewers have stated, the rooms could use some updating, but we were quite satisfied. The bed was comfy and the room was a good size. The air conditioner is one that you can have the fan on continuously, so the "white noise" helps to cushion any other noises. It also does not allow pets, which is a big plus.

We did not partake of the happy hour as we had dinner reservations at Macaroni Joe's, which we highly recommend. The breakfast was very good -- egg omelet, sausage, bacon, biscuits and gravy, rolls, bagels, cereals, yogurt, etc. We were very satisfied. We would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank KansasHummingbird
Morton, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

I recently stayed in this hotel for a wedding. I must say that we got a really good rate because of the wedding party block, so of that I cannot complain. As we arrived at the hotel, it was quite impressive. Long beautiful corridors, a beautiful lobby area and a nice breakfast area. We went to check in and stood for quite a bit before we were even waited on. There were two employees behind the counter but they seemed to be busy with other things. One of them finally checked us in. We had asked for three rooms and asked for adjacent if possible, but no, they placed us on THREE DIFFERENT FLOORS! I understand they were completely booked, but I was still a bit dissappointed. After he gave my my room key - he never bothered to show me how to get to my room or where the elevators were or even mention the amenities of the hotel as many others do. He gave me my key and got right back to his conversation with the other girl behind the counter. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I had a double room and the beds were a bit small, something I'd expect in a smaller inexpensive motel. One big plus for this hotel was that check out was 12:00! I loved that! All in all, I think I would stay here again, but I'd hope to find friendlier staff. Friendliness makes all the difference sometimes.

Room Tip: This hotel has super long corridors, so if you don't like to walk long distances ask for a room...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
DFW
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

This is an excellent place to stay. The windows were dusty from the outside - but then it is West Texas, and I understood. However, I brought it to the attention of the desk clerk and he promptly noted it down as a "To do" item. I was impressed by the place. It is very nice. If you arrive in the evening after a long drive, the happy hour gives you a chance to have a bite to eat and go rest in your room. Highly recommended.

Hotel management should think about putting a sign up at the exit for this hotel. Maybe there is one and I missed it. I took the next exit and drove around the block to get to the motel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family