“Out of date”

Days Inn Amarillo - Medical Center
Ranked #33 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 15 November 2011

We stayed here for one night after calling an hour before getting there while on a road trip. Although we were tired, the vibrant wall colors and outdated decor definitely woke us up. The beds were as hard as the floor and the pillows were lumpy. The sheets were stained on one bed, and the shower had some hairs in it. I wouldn't stay here again, unless desperate.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Courtney S

Reviewed 14 September 2011

Outdated room decor, sheets and pillowcases were so worn that there were holes in them. From the photos online, it looked like this hotel had inside corridors, but I was disappointed to find they were actually outside and no elevator. Air conditioner started making a horrible noise during the night and I had to turn it off to get any sleep. The complimentary breakfast was a joke. Not much variety and no salt or pepper available! Won't be staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Carolyn G
Reviewed 6 September 2011

When staying at hotels I try to stay at those with interior corridors. The photos and description on the hotel website did not give any indication that the rooms open to the outside. There is also nothing in the description about pets allowed that tells you they charge a $20 non-refundable pet deposit. The room was outdated and the bedding and towels needed to be replaced. The mattress was stained, one pillow case was threadbare, another had what appeared to be dried bloodstains and the sheets and blankets had holes. The towels were thin and cheap despite the notice posted in the room claiming the popularity of the towels along with a price list for purchase: hand towel $10, wash cloth $3, alarm clock $20, coffee pot carafe $40. There was no iron in the room and when I called the front desk I was told the iron had to be checked out. The concrete steps outside had duct tape peeling off. I would not stay here again - there are much better hotels for the price.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank pattkatt
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Great location off I40. Guy at the desk super friendly & helpful. Room presented well. But! the mattress was so hard it was like sleeping on the floor. I just could not get comfortable. I hoped the shower would revive me in the morning. But the drain plug only allowed a small portion of water to drain when the shower was on, thus I found myself standing in a foot of soapy water. Not pleasant! The shower head is at the height that would be great for a person about 5 foot tall. My husband & I are much taller however & had to squat to get under it. Plus there is an attached shelf on the wall right next to your arm & I kept hitting it while trying to wash. What a mess this shower turned out to be! The whole experience of being in this room turned out to be a huge disappointment. Powered eggs for breakfast was the final blow.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank claudia7gerard
Reviewed 17 August 2011

We were in Amarillo just 2 nights; didn't use the pool. The location is great - handy to the medical center, near the mall and several restaurants. Our room was clean and surprisingly quiet; we had expected street noise and there was none. The bed was harder than we like, but we sleep on a waterbed! Had lots of nice pillows. Breakfast was good - eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy, all fresh and hot. Also cold cereal and juice. Good coffee, available all day. The people were very nice. We had a slight issue with our electronic key and they took care of it immediately. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: our room was a down-and-out toward the back, and was very quiet.