See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 July 2016

Alvin Best Western was a good location for us to stay on our trip. We were greeted immediately by staff and our reservations were already made. The room was very nicely equipped with a comfortable bed, cold room, and flat screen TV. Also went down and cooled off in the pool. Would stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2016 via mobile

I booked this through Expedia and prepaid so we had no choice but to stay. I read reviews beforehand and it seemed ok and reasonably priced for a best Western. When we arrived the hotel looked old and very outdated, nothing like reviews. The guy that checked us in was not very friendly. We were in a room on second floor, no elevator, had to take our luggage up several steps, that were sticking and gross from the outside elements. This hotel is one where doors are all on the outside, very creepy. The room was smelly, took a long time to cool down, and was still not very cool. The bed was hard and we did not sleep good. This hotel needs a huge upgrade. I would NOT recommend this hotel. Yuk!!!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2016

We were in the Galveston area for two photo shoots, and chose to stay off the island for cost, since we would be in our room very little. The hotel was conveniently located, and the facilities adequate. Service was super!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2016

Very clean hotel room! A nice little pool. Friendly staff people. My family and I will stay there again when we go to Galveston. Convenient CVS location next door, and very fast pizza delivery service.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

Nice staff, clean room, and good price. No mold in bathroom, even though it was a smoking room, it didn't smell like smoke. Pool was nice. I am being forced to drag this review out to 200 characters. I wanted to keep it short and simple.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family