See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 July 2016

We were in the Galveston area for two photo shoots, and chose to stay off the island for cost, since we would be in our room very little. The hotel was conveniently located, and the facilities adequate. Service was super!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2016

Very clean hotel room! A nice little pool. Friendly staff people. My family and I will stay there again when we go to Galveston. Convenient CVS location next door, and very fast pizza delivery service.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

Nice staff, clean room, and good price. No mold in bathroom, even though it was a smoking room, it didn't smell like smoke. Pool was nice. I am being forced to drag this review out to 200 characters. I wanted to keep it short and simple.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2016

Once again I was able to get a room at the Alvin BW and was satisfied to be on the ground level. The rooms are inviting and have the childhood memory scent of the neat old motor lodges that we stayed in when I was growing up. A large flat screen TV and a really comfortable bed is the mainstay of this larger size room with Micro wave, fridge, plenty of drawer space with internet connection available room. Settle in and relax or go down to the pool to cool off in the heat of the day, it is inviting. Still the location is next to undeveloped property and feels like you are tucked away in a corner of town without a lot of neighbors, on one side anyway. I like this place with good bath linens and for the first time I was in a room that the tub could use some fresh caulking. Other than that minor detail all was acceptable well cared for room at a reasonable rate!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2016

I had stayed in this location twice before when on charity work with no real problem, Seems a new owner now
Booked a months or so ahead for Fri Sat nite stay. On checking in noticed the promo for 25. gift card and inquired. Owner working desk was very rude. While he was ringing the card I asked what rate showed up. Again he was rude saying I should know and that HE was insulted.
Screw that, I am a customer and have a right to know what is being charged He hands me the keys then tries to grab them back saying do I want to stay? This at 10 at night with all rooms booked for final 4 NCAA everywhere He followed me outside and I called Best Western. They were NOT helpful
I had to pay considerably more then for a room at super 8 which is no better than a motel 6 Pass on this place

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends