See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 July 2015

The hotel staff was friendly. The room was ok. Not sure if i would stay again. A reservation was made for a handicap room. They didn't have a record of it. After finally getting a room on ground level, it was ok. The ceiling in bathroom was COVERED with black mold. The TV made a huge popping sound and then went out. The breakfast was the best part, EXCEPT, the dining area was way to small. The pool was nice, but no working hot tub. The door way into the room had like a double lip which we tripped over numerous times. My elderly parents almost fell!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2015

I really enjoyed my stay at Best Western, Alvin, TX. I had a suite room. The room was clean and fresh, the furniture tasteful and in good repair. If I have advice, it's this: show of breakfast early! There was plenty of food but there weren't enough seats. We just grabbed our food and took it to our rooms.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2015 via mobile

My wife and I booked this hotel online for our first anniversary. We booked it for 3 star hotel prices. It is clearly a 2.0-2.5 star hotel at best.

She is pregnant and we were placed in a smoking room, which obviously won't work—if pregnant women can't smoke and can't be around smokers, why would it be okay for them to sleep in air thick with years of smoke and carcinogens?

Upon arrival, it was clear that this hotel was not a place where you wanted me out after dark and would not be a place is bring my kids, especially with a ground floor room like ours.

Also, the listing was for 2 adults and a bed. They set us up with two queen beds. I thought I was getting a decent hotel near the Gulf but got a nightmare instead. Please never go here, or at least make sure you request non-smoking.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2015

As always, friendly staff, reasonable rate, clean rooms, mine did have a strange scent this time, but otherwise just fine. Good television size and selection of channels, linens were good, thick towels ( I like them that way), good amount of amenities in the room, breakfast is somewhat different as main course products are Soft tacos and sausage egg biscuit to be heated by microwave, cereals, toasted bread, coffee, waffles round out the fair with yogurt available as well. Property surrounded by natural landscape on two sides, another hotel on third and main highway to the front. sounds tend to soften in room area. I suppose that is why it feels cozy. Older refurbished property, done well and tasteful check'm out for a comfy nights stay.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 May 2015

for your price it is good and for single it is ok to stay. hotel was average for overall stay. place is not so good. it is not worth to stay with family. I will recommend for people to short stay to get sleep as stop over

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business