“Prepare to get no sleep.”
Review of Super 8 Alvin

Super 8 Alvin
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Alvin
Reviewed 30 October 2014

First, the pros. The complimentary breakfast looked nice, although it is only bread items so if you're low-carb or gluten intolerant (like myself), you won't find anything here. The outside of the hotel was nice and so was the lobby. Good wi-fi connection.

Immediately, the front desk staff threw me off because they go to work in tank tops, sweat shirts, etc. They're look and demeanor is not professional which doesn't match the nice look of the lobby. They also park their personal cars at the entrance, making it difficult to use the turnaround to check-in.

My biggest complaint was the noise. The walls are paper thin and between the noise of the people in the hotel and the noise from the highway that runs in front of the hotel, prepare to get no sleep. I even use a white noise app, but it couldn't even drown out the noise. I could even hear the person in the room next to me snoring.

I actually ended up staying in two rooms (see the room recommendation section). The first room was extremely dirty from lack of upkeep. I'm posting a picture of the area where the bathtub meets the drywall. You can see it wasn't caulked properly, causing it to rust. The grout was filled with dirt and the baseboards were dirty and had years of patchwork done on them. The first night I killed some roach-silverfish looking bug. The shower had poor pressure and jumped drastically between hot and cold. The hairdryer was busted on the backside, so it would grab my hair and suck it into the fan and rip it out. There was an outlet that didn't have a plug cover close to the ground, so I wouldn't recommend this hotel for small children. There was a cigarette burn hole on the comforter. There were stains on the rough towels.

The second room I stayed in was on the side away from the highway, so it was quieter, except for the loud neighbors. The air conditioning in this room didn't work hardly at all and it smelt like cigarettes. This room was cleaner than the first.

Side notes: The pool/hot tub was closed the entire stay for cleaning. Our room key stopped working daily, so I had to go to the front desk every day to get it switched. I was careful not to put it by my cell phone, so I know that wasn't the problem.

Room Tip: Room 102 (2 queens): The air conditioning worked great, but the room was filthy (see picture) and it...
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
Kirti B, General Manager at Super 8 Alvin, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2015

We apologize for your stay. The bed spreads, along with much more has been updated. We have remodeled a lot since your stay. The pool and hot tub is currently running smoothly. I assure you there will be no more employee parking in the front. Also, our employees have a strict dress code to follow by, tank tops and sweat pants DO NOT fall into the new policies. We hope you take that into consideration and visit us again in the near future. Allow us to provide you with a better and more comfortable stay.

Staff at Super 8.

Reviewed 27 September 2014 via mobile

This is one of the nicest motels I've been in, in a while. The staff is friendly and personable and the grounds and hotel are beautiful. The breakfast is more than Cheerios and Danish, and the area feels safe and inviting. You won't get a better stay for the price!!

Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
Kirti B, Staff at Super 8 at Super 8 Alvin, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2015

Thank You kbellatx for the great compliment we appreciate that you had a nice stay we hope that you will come back again and see us. We appreciate your business and hope that you will stay with us again in the future.
Staff at Super 8

Reviewed 10 September 2014

We had to change rooms before we even walked through the door the first room not sure how to explain the smell. The second room smelled like someone smoked a carton of cigarettes by this time my kids were having a break down we got there somewhat late that evening. The second night after I requested them to clean room was much better completely diffrent stay besides the one room across the hall with 15 ppl in it and the noise if then going up and down the stairs because no elevator. We go to Alvin often and we will not stay again. This is the worse Wyndham we have ever been to. Also the front desk clerks boyfriend was there as we'll and made it uncomfortable.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Kirti B, General Manager at Super 8 Alvin, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2015

We apologize for your stay. We assure you that clerks are no longer allowed to have personal visit while at work. I hope you come back to visit despite your last experience. All rooms are being updated and refurnished as well. We hope to see you in the future.

Staff at Super 8

Reviewed 9 September 2014

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Kirti B, Staff at Super 8 at Super 8 Alvin, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2015

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alvin
2.2 km away
0.3 km away
Motel 6 Alvin, TX
Motel 6 Alvin, TX
#6 of 8 in Alvin

Been to Super 8 Alvin? Share your experiences!