“Not impressed”

Texas Steak Express
Ranked #77 of 293 Restaurants in Abilene
Price range: USD 7 - USD 21
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: At Texas Steak Express, our menu includes a wide variety of delicious choices from rib-eye steaks, steak tips, chicken breast fillets, cheeseburgers, sandwiches, salads, salmon to shrimp cooked to your specifications. All of our entrees come with a crisp salad, piping hot baked potato with all the trimmings, and a baked roll. You can even satisfy your sweet tooth with one of our delicious desserts. We also have a Kid's Meals menu that caters to the younger members of your family. We are dedicated to providing products and services that exceed your expectations. Give us a call today, and we'll deliver a delicious meal right to your door. Or if you are nearby, pick up your order today in less than 20 minutes.
Reviewed 29 April 2014

While the steak was fair the grilled onions where drowned in soy sauce in which that's what they cook their steak in as well. I love a good rib eye but I want to taste the rib eye and not all the soy sauce they put on it. I'm just not a fan. If you like soy sauce a lot then this is the place for you. We only ate there because we had coupons. I won't be eating there again anytime soon.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

This place can cook your steak, chicken, or salmon to perfection. All meals come with a salad and baked potato and the portions are large enough theres usually some left for lunch. They also offer a variety of side items and desserts to compliment your meal. They only offer delivery or pick up service, but with pick you receive a free 32 oz sweet or unsweet tea. And this is also the best tea anywhere in town. Delivery is quite prompt, usually 30 to 45 minutes to most areas of town and the food is always piping hot.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

I tried the New York strip meal. It was great that it came with a baked potato, good, and side salad, average. I also had a slice of cheesecake which was VERY generous and tasty. The steak itself wasn't the best I've had but it wasn't bad. The convenience of having dinner delivered, however, was what made it worth it. Generous portions, decent food and no one minds if you are in your pajamas when it gets there.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

It was so nice to have salmon, baked potato. and salad delivered to my hotel. It was delicious and just as good as eating out.

Reviewed 20 October 2012

We ordered delivery from this place when we stopped at the Abilene KOA. It was so darn good!! We ordered cajun grilled salmon, double cheeseburger and the hamburger steak and gravy. All were very good and the sides were great too (baked potato--they don't have fries). The portions were huge so we all split our meals and had lunch leftovers the next day. I always feel a little nervous to order from somewhere I don't know but this place did not let us down at all. It was recommended by the Abilene KOA staff and I was very happy with the recommendation. We had it delivered and it was timely.