“Always a nice stay”
Review of Whitten Inn

Whitten Inn
Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

The Whitten Inn has become our stopping point for the first leg of our return trip from Arizona. We have stayed several times and have not been disappointed. This trip was no exception. This is a nice hotel close to shopping, fuel, and food. The rooms have refrigerators and microwaves. The staff members are all friendly and helpful. One tip, get a copy of the hotel coupon book as you enter Texas the rate is about ten dollars cheaper than the regular rate and should be honored unless there is a special event in town.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
wiexpo, General Manager at Whitten Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your stay with us. We are glad to see you've such nice stays every time you come through Abilene and for giving out such a helpful tip for other travelers. We hope to see you again soon on your next trip!

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Passing thru on Christmas break.
Desk attendants were excellent, happy, and friendly at 10 pm.
Female traveling alone and felt perfectly safe.
Cleanest hotel shower ever. Cute shampoo and hand soap dispensers.
Ok beds.
Breakfast was decent.
Loved the super clean, super huge front windows.
A little older hotel but nice.
I’ll stay again.
Thank you Whitten.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
wiexpo, General Manager at Whitten Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

Thank you for taking a moment to write a review for our hotel. We are glad we could be your second home thru the Christmas holiday. We pride ourselves in the cleanliness of our rooms and the friendliness of our staff. Thank you for the praises and we can't wait to have you as our guest again!

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

I was driving from Dallas to El Paso and had gotten a late start. I wanted to make it to Big Spring but the rain made driving miserable, so I decided to call it a night around Abilene. I did a quick google search and found the Whitten Inn met my requirements - good price and comfortable room. The review was correct. I got there after midnight and fortunately they had a room available. The front desk clerk was very friendly and efficient and in no time I was in my room. The room had a king sized bed and was clean and well kept. The TV worked great. The bed was very comfortable. Also, I forgot to add that there is a convenience store next door, so I grabbed some water and a few snacks. I had a great night sleep -
so good that I slept past my alarm and got on the road two hours later than I had planned. But it was fine, I needed the sleep. I will keep Whitten Inn in mind next time I need to stay in Abilene.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 December 2017

I was put here for a night by my company, and I was a little skeptical looking at the motel from the outside. But after my stay I was reminded that modest doesn't mean shabby. Clean and well kept room and facilities and friendly staff made for a better night than I was expecting. Would recommend!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2017

Price was OK. Room was OK. Desk staff at checkin were the worst I've ever encountered. I could write an essay on how inept they were. Had a reservation. 2 people at the checkin desk. Took me 30 minutes for the most insane of reasons. My hotel? They wouldn't have lasted until the end of the shift.

Room Tip: Good luck with the desk.
Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Travellers also viewed these Abilene hotels
10.5 km away
0.3 km away
Comfort Suites University
Comfort Suites University
#12 of 37 in Abilene

Been to Whitten Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Whitten Inn

Address: 1625 Texas Highway 351, Abilene, TX 79601-4745
Region: United States > Texas > Abilene
Beverage Selection Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Swimming Pool
#1 Best Value Hotel in Abilene
#3 Family Hotel in Abilene
Price Range: AU$78 - AU$121 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Whitten Inn 2*
Interior corridor rooms with exterior accessing doors. All rooms have microwaves and refrigerators. Happy hour nightly. Fitness room, outside pool, breakfast cooked daily and business center. RV lot and deluxe suites also available. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Wotif.com, Odigeo, lastminute.com.au and getaroom.com so you can book your Whitten Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Whitten Inn University Hotel Abilene