All reviews front desk room was clean cracker barrel continental breakfast great night sleep el paso once a year waffles nice stay the young lady an overnight stay holiday inn great place to stay university motel texas walmart
Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Passing thru on Christmas break.
Desk attendants were excellent, happy, and friendly at 10 pm.
Female traveling alone and felt perfectly safe.
Cleanest hotel shower ever. Cute shampoo and hand soap dispensers.
Ok beds.
Breakfast was decent.
Loved the super clean, super huge front windows.
A little older hotel but nice.
I’ll stay again.
Thank you Whitten.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
wiexpo, General Manager at Whitten Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

Thank you for taking a moment to write a review for our hotel. We are glad we could be your second home thru the Christmas holiday. We pride ourselves in the cleanliness of our rooms and the friendliness of our staff. Thank you for the praises and we can't wait to have you as our guest again!

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

I was driving from Dallas to El Paso and had gotten a late start. I wanted to make it to Big Spring but the rain made driving miserable, so I decided to call it a night around Abilene. I did a quick google search and found the Whitten Inn met my requirements - good price and comfortable room. The review was correct. I got there after midnight and fortunately they had a room available. The front desk clerk was very friendly and efficient and in no time I was in my room. The room had a king sized bed and was clean and well kept. The TV worked great. The bed was very comfortable. Also, I forgot to add that there is a convenience store next door, so I grabbed some water and a few snacks. I had a great night sleep -
so good that I slept past my alarm and got on the road two hours later than I had planned. But it was fine, I needed the sleep. I will keep Whitten Inn in mind next time I need to stay in Abilene.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 December 2017

I was put here for a night by my company, and I was a little skeptical looking at the motel from the outside. But after my stay I was reminded that modest doesn't mean shabby. Clean and well kept room and facilities and friendly staff made for a better night than I was expecting. Would recommend!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2017

Price was OK. Room was OK. Desk staff at checkin were the worst I've ever encountered. I could write an essay on how inept they were. Had a reservation. 2 people at the checkin desk. Took me 30 minutes for the most insane of reasons. My hotel? They wouldn't have lasted until the end of the shift.

Room Tip: Good luck with the desk.
Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

During the night my dog was bitten by a poisonous snack on the jaw in room 132. I thought it was an abscesses tooth and drove straight to my vet. After a $275 vet bill my dog lived. Informed front desk of situation and was told that owner would get back with me. After 2 attempts, have still not heard a word. Will never stay here again. Snake could have bitten me. Very poor customer service and dangerous situation. Be aware!!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo