All reviews front desk room was clean cracker barrel continental breakfast great night sleep el paso once a year waffles nice stay the young lady an overnight stay holiday inn great place to stay university motel texas walmart
Reviewed 1 August 2017

This is a basic, no frills hotel, but very clean. Staff is extremely nice and accommodating. Rooms are very clean. Complimentary continental breakfast is a little lean, but OK. Great value for nightly rate. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

A Clean bed and wifi were what we were looking for. If you are accustomed to using the hotel soap and shampoo, you won't find it here. I always bring my own so wasn't bothered by not having it. There was an iron, coffee maker, tv, wifi, table and chairs and 1 living room type chair. If you are low on money and in Abilene, this place is a thumbs up.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2017

Perfect for an overnight stay. The room was clean and tidy but the bathroom was a bit on the small side. The pool was not available which again was a bit of a disappointment to us. We got a bit confused at reception as they tried to sell us pillows....
Breakfast was simple.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Please don't stay here. This is what we saw the morning after. But they had to come change the sheets on the other bed day one. The manager changed us to a clean room and offered a $20.00 refund for the first night. They said it was no the standard but I felt it was. Every hotel was booked that weekend. Claiming they were 4 stars no way. Don't do it

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

My disabled cousin is traveling across the country on a bus and stopped to visit us in Abilene. His next bus was leaving at 4 o'clock in the morning from the bus station next to the Whitten Inn so we thought it would be convenient for him to stay there.

We made a reservation online at hotels.com using my credit card so we could pay in advance (they won't let you pay by phone with a credit card at the hotel). When it came time for him to check in, we dropped him off with his online confirmation and headed home.

They refused to give him the room because he didn't have a valid driver's license. He does have a photo ID issued by the California DOT, but they said it had to be a drivers license. He called me and told me they wouldn't allow him to check in and I spoke to the front desk. They told me to come over to the hotel and they would call the manager and I could speak to the manager about the issue.

When I arrived, I offered to leave my credit card as collateral, but they refused. Finally, they called someone, but the person refused to speak to me on the phone and said we would have to get our money back from hotels.com because they would not give us a room under any circumstances.

The confirmation from hotels.com website actually states "Government issued photo ID" required. Not "valid driver's license".

The hotel looked very clean and nice, The front desk staff were very apologetic and only enforcing the policy.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family