Whitten Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Quality Inn(Abilene)
Residence Inn Abilene(Abilene)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleancontinental breakfastgreat night sleeponce a yearwafflesel pasowill stay there againnice stayholiday inngreat place to stayuniversitymotelcouponcerealwalmarttexas
Reviewed 12 March 2017

Abilene is a great half-way stop from our home to most major Texas cities. When we come through, we always stay at the Whitten. They provide clean accommodations with a trustworthy and helpful staff. During our most recent visit, we booked the suite...SWEET! Double size room, corner whirlpool bath, beautiful decor with leather furniture. Stick it to the man and give your business to Texans when you can!

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

Very accommodating staff! The rooms were a little small and could use upgrading, but everything worked just fine. We had a king size bed and a pack n play for our baby, so that could make the room seem smaller than it was. Shower was great with plenty of hot water. The hotel is located right beside a 24 hr. Subway, gas station, and Mexican restaurant. Starbucks, Chili's, Dairy Queen, Jason's Deli, and Walmart are located across the street. It is located next to the Interstate so very easy to find, and traffic was not so loud that we couldn't sleep. It is also a great location for graduation because it is within 10 minutes(in heavy traffic) of the Universities. All in all, I definitely recommend staying here.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 March 2017

The Whitten Inn is an older motel; however, the room was clean and the price was right. Business travel carried me to 46 states where nights were spent in 2 national motel/hotel chains. The breakfast area at the Whitten Inn, Abilene, Texas was a true delight...it was spacious, clean and offered a variety of items......waffles, biscuits/gravy,
toast and cereal and more. You will find The Whitten Inn to be a great family place to stay. I ranked the breakfast area in the top 1% of motels/hotels where I have stayed.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 March 2017

Our room faced the road, but we didn't hear any construction or road noise.
We pull a 4-horse trailer, and found the location ideal to get off and get back on I-20, and the Inn has always been very accommodating about our trailer parking needs.!
Everyone was friendly and courteous, and see genuinely concerned for our comfort and relaxation while we were there.
The beds were firm like a quality mattress should be.
Breakfast as simple but tasty, the dining area clean and well supplied, were never made to feel rushed or resented.
For years, I drove straight through from Arizona to Alabama and back. Was it hard? Yes indeed!
Then one year I had surgery before the trip, and was forced to stop and rest.
The Whitten Inn spoiled us...we've stopped both ways ever since!

Room Tip: We've stayed at the Whitten Inn, and if they have a bad room, we've never seen it!
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 January 2017

Absolutely surprised.

Still traveling with teen daughter & two dogs.

I called ahead, and requested a pet friendly, ground floor room. The wonderful lady on the phone was helpful and would hold the room without a CC until 9pm. I was 2hrs out.
Upon arrival I was greeted warmly and I believe her name was Carrie. She is an asset to the hotel.
We were given a courtyard room. Ground floor, double.
I wish I had taken pics.

Beautiful room!!!!

All the amenities...

Honestly, I would stay at this place exclusively if it were a chain brand.

Breakfast was mediocre, but Frances was a wonderful host.

Again, I would recommend this place.
Clean, Great rooms, Great staff, and most important... it was SAFE for our stay.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business