“Very good food.”

Casa Herrera
Ranked #45 of 297 Restaurants in Abilene
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 8 June 2017

I usually judge a Mexican Restaurant by the salsa that they serve with chips. This salsa was very, very good and spicy and the food that followed was very tasty. Adding a little of the salsa on the enchiladas and tamales was a very good addition! The servings were plentiful and the cost was reasonable.

Reviewed 5 May 2017

We ate here one day for lunch and got the buffet. It was not very good. I give it 3 stars because at least it wasn't gross. I honestly feel like I could have done better at Taco Bell.
The restaurant is very colorful inside. I was surprised at how many people were there. Don't they taste their food?
I left telling my teenager kids I was disappointed with the food and felt as if it was a waste of our money.

1  Thank Carrie B
Reviewed 14 April 2017

My husband and I joined friends for lunch at Casa Herrera this week. This was my first visit and I was excited to join them. Great first impression walking in the door; greeted immediately by a friendly face, colorful themed decor, and very well maintained. Our friends chose to eat the buffet however my husband and I did not find anything appealing so we decided to order from the menu. I ordered the fajita quesadillas and he ordered the hamburger steak (yes, he's not a fan of Mexican food). Service was a bit slow. Our friends had made 2 or 3 trips to the buffet before our orders arrived. They had to wait on us to finish our meal which was a bit embarrassing. My quesadillas plate was a nice size portion for a reasonable price of $8.99. Had I known they had onions I would have requested they leave them out. Most likely an oversight on my part. I don't believe the chips were made on site but I enjoyed them immensely! The salsa had some heat but not much flavor. I was very disappointed in the guacamole. The texture was off and it was flavorless. My husband enjoyed his hamburger steak plate. Because of the nice atmosphere I am willing to dine once again and try another dish.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

My spouse and I go here a lot and have always been met at the door with a smile, the atmosphere is pleasing, and the food always good

Reviewed 18 October 2016

This is my favorite Mexican restaurant. I love the queso dip and chips. If you want something different, add an egg on top. Everything here is great. Also have a good selection of choices. Everyone need to try this place. I love it.

Been to Casa Herrera? Share your experiences!