“Forgettable Mexican Food”

Casa Herrera
Ranked #45 of 297 Restaurants in Abilene
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 5 May 2017

We ate here one day for lunch and got the buffet. It was not very good. I give it 3 stars because at least it wasn't gross. I honestly feel like I could have done better at Taco Bell.
The restaurant is very colorful inside. I was surprised at how many people were there. Don't they taste their food?
I left telling my teenager kids I was disappointed with the food and felt as if it was a waste of our money.

1  Thank Carrie B

Reviewed 14 April 2017

My husband and I joined friends for lunch at Casa Herrera this week. This was my first visit and I was excited to join them. Great first impression walking in the door; greeted immediately by a friendly face, colorful themed decor, and very well maintained. Our friends chose to eat the buffet however my husband and I did not find anything appealing so we decided to order from the menu. I ordered the fajita quesadillas and he ordered the hamburger steak (yes, he's not a fan of Mexican food). Service was a bit slow. Our friends had made 2 or 3 trips to the buffet before our orders arrived. They had to wait on us to finish our meal which was a bit embarrassing. My quesadillas plate was a nice size portion for a reasonable price of $8.99. Had I known they had onions I would have requested they leave them out. Most likely an oversight on my part. I don't believe the chips were made on site but I enjoyed them immensely! The salsa had some heat but not much flavor. I was very disappointed in the guacamole. The texture was off and it was flavorless. My husband enjoyed his hamburger steak plate. Because of the nice atmosphere I am willing to dine once again and try another dish.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

My spouse and I go here a lot and have always been met at the door with a smile, the atmosphere is pleasing, and the food always good

Reviewed 18 October 2016

This is my favorite Mexican restaurant. I love the queso dip and chips. If you want something different, add an egg on top. Everything here is great. Also have a good selection of choices. Everyone need to try this place. I love it.

Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

An absolute hidden gem in Abilene's rich tapestry! My best friend and I always go to lunch once or twice a month and today was his pic, and I'm so glad he revisited an old favorite! As long as this place has been around, I remarked to him it was absolutely still so clean and in such pristine shape. We had the lunch buffet, which has never failed me. Our service was absolutely phenomenal, the waitress actually left our own pitcher of tea for our table--Who does that? Wonderful idea! The food was piping hot and the very best of quality, the potatoes are still my all-time favorite! We visited and had a great time, great food and a great atmosphere – – all for under nine dollars! When we went to pay our bill, there stood an Abilene icon, Mrs. Herrera, hair perfect, still so beautiful, kind, classy, and impeccably dressed ready to take care of us. She and her husband run a tight ship, and know what they are doing. My only wish is that they had another location on the north side of town; as for now, I'll keep driving over to the southside!

Been to Casa Herrera? Share your experiences!