“Quality Inn Abilene Texas Double Charged Room”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #26 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Jackson
“Quality Inn Abilene Texas Double Charged Room”
Reviewed 23 January 2010

When we called for reservation for Quality Inn, Abilene, Tx. we did not know that our reservation was being taken by Ian's Travel Service who charged us $103 when we gave them credit card information. We were unaware that we were being charged for the room. When we checked into the motel, the reservation desk charged us again but this time $123. As we were looking at our on-line bank account a couple days later, we discovered that we had been charged twice. Several calls were made over several days to Quality Inn trying to get our account credited for the double charge. Long story short, they said they would credit back our funds for the overcharge but they never did. I would not recommend that anyone stay at this motel unless you want to get ripped off. We're just another senior couple that got taken advantage of.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ScatmanJackson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Lansing, MI
Reviewed 30 March 2009

This hotel was nothing fancy - but it was clean and quiet. I was looking for a place that offered both smoking and an exercise room (two things you don't often find people looking for at once =) and Quality Inn was the only hotel in Abilene that had rooms available at a reasonable price with those two features.

They did accidentally double book my room on the last night of my stay, but called to check with me after they discovered my luggage was still in the room on the day I was "supposed" to check out. They were even able to let me stay in the room the last night of my reservation after moving the other person around.

I am returning to Abilene this week and booked the same hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank altzen
Macon, GA
Reviewed 3 January 2008

If you want to deal with a horribly managed hotel and risk being treated like crap, then stay here. The young lady , Heather, at the desk was nice and acted professionally, but I had to deal with the owner, Mr. Bhakta, and he was rude to me. He did not act in what I thought to be a professional manner at all. I forgot an expensive orthopedic pillow when I checked out, but called within an hour to ask the hotel to hold it for me. The desk clerk (Heather) was very nice. She found the pillow and labeled it with my name and when I would return for it and put it in their lost-and-found. When I returned for it, someone had taken it. I spoke with Mr. Bhakta and he was completely unconcerned and dismissive. He gave me a few lame "brush-off" excuses and clearly had no desire to try to clear up the issue. He made it clear that all he cared about was that I quit bothering him and go away. I will not be staying at the Abilene Comfort Inn, or any other Comfort Inn after this experience.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The jerk that owns the place
  • Stayed December 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank Disgusted3

Travellers are raving about these Abilene hotels

Reviewed 18 July 2006

This is a standard two level Comfort Inn motel with outside room entrances. I like Comfort Inns and this one looks nice and new on the outside. Inside - the room smelled and the air conditioner made it worse, the bed was uncomfortable with flat pillows, the basin and tub were stained and there was glue on the floor where someone did a bad repair job.
Breakfast is in small room with an attendant who watches what you take. Standard cold breakfast options plus a toaster.
The hotel is ok but the room smell put me off and I resented having paid $79 for the night.

• Stayed July 2006
Houston, TX
Reviewed 6 July 2006

We have stayed at several Comfort Inns the past few years and have never had an experience such as this. Only July 2, we were returning home from Paulden, Az accompanied by our friend and his dog. We chose this Comfort Inn as it was listed in a "Pet friendly" guidebook of hotels. I could not believe the condition of the room. The mirrors were full of greasy handprints, sink had various shades of what we believe was the previous tenant's hair, the coffee maker had grounds left in it. There were remnants of plastic pieces cut from what appeared to be price tags all over the carpet and bathroom floors. I called the front office and advised how disappointing it was to find this hotel in such sad shape. Unfortunately all they had to say was "Do you want to check out"? To hear this after driving 900 miles was not 'comforting'. The price was $80, which regardless of price, one does expect a clean room - not one where you are afraid to use the tub/shower etc. This was the worst!!!!!! Beware.

Stayed July 2006