All reviewswild wing cafemarriott hotelsfront deskwings placeroom was cleanfree breakfastnice hotelhvac worked wellrestaurants in walking distancestaff was friendlyroom keychecking inthird floorwe've stayedcollege visitoutdoor poolclemson
Reviewed 14 March 2018

Stayed three nights. This hotel is right off the interstate and has several restaurants (Hooters, Cracker Barrel, Subway, Outback, Wild Wing Cafe) very close by. There were no problems checking in. We had a king room and the issues I have are that the pillows are way too soft and the bathroom sink is set too far back. I had to get on my toes to wash my face. On our 2nd day, when we came back to the hotel, our hotel room key did not work. I went to the desk, asked why and got no response other than here are new keys and I'm sorry. When we went to check out, the woman behind the counter didn't even stand up. She continued sitting and eating and only got up when I asked for a copy of the receipt. The only employee I encountered that had a smile was the woman working the free breakfast. As far as employees go, she is your star and other employees could take a lesson from her in how to interact with customers. I have stayed at other Marriott properties that far exceed this location in customer service.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
FFISAndersonGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anderson Clemson, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

VirginiaLove2Travel: Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. Please know that warm and attentive service is an integral part of a great stay and unfortunately, it was brought to my attention that we fell short of meeting your expectations on your recent stay. In order to better uphold our commitment to deliver exceptional service to every guest, from arrival to departure, I have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team in order to improve our overall process. Thank you for being a valued customer and please contact me directly if your travels bring you back to Anderson. Debbie O'Quinn~General Manager

Reviewed 24 February 2018

We spent a night here while touring Clemson. The hotel is a short 10-15 minute drive to Clemson. We got a nice upgrade with my gold spg status. The rooms were clean and spacious. The free breakfast was a nice inclusion. A few restaurants in walking distance to the hotel.

Room Tip: Close to Clemson
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2018

Since my last review, about a year ago, noted some issues, I felt it fair to update now that I have stayed again.

We checked in around 9ish, there was a representative at the desk and because I had pre-checked-in, I had my key and was in my room in a minute. Room was first floor, matching my profile.

Everything was clean. Bed was too soft but that is a regular complaint of mine regarding Marriott hotels and it's preference vs. any kind of mattress quality issue.

Overall, this is a basic hotel with limited amenities other than free breakfast. But that's all most people want or need that stay here.

In a normal situation, I'd probably just rate average, not because of any deficiencies but it's not the Ritz and you have to have some set of standards when leaving a review. I have only stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn across the interstate so I have no real comparison point. However, my previous stay issues did not reoccur, the room was clean, HVAC worked well, hall was quiet, our room was on the backside of the property (no parking or interstate noise) and checkout was just as quick and easy as check-in.

Finally, the AAA rate was very good.

i would stay again. And Go Tigers.

Room Tip: Backside rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 December 2017

Hotel is a typical Fairfield, no complaints. Staff was rude. Checked in with a lady that looked like I bothered her for checking in. Couldn't hear a word she said, gave me and the person I traveled with a room key that didn't work. The breakfast is horrific, not sure if it is eggs or plastic I'm eating. Plenty of sugar on for breakfast if you are in to that though.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
FFISAndersonGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anderson Clemson, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay at our hotel. We are disheartened to hear about your experience as it falls short of the excellent service we pride ourselves in providing. At your earliest convenience we would like to invite you to contact us so we may discuss your stay in more detail. We can be reached at 864-332-9000.

Reviewed 18 November 2017

We've stayed here a lot while visiting our kid at Clemson over the past few years. It's about a 15-20 minute drive to campus. The Smokin Pig is on the way there! The front desk staff is always cheerful, the rooms are always clean, and breakfast is decent and free. There's a Wild Wing Cafe right across the parking lot and a Regal movie theater a short walk away. The place is packed for Clemson football home games so best to reserve your room early.

We've never had a bad stay here. Go Tigers