All reviews front desk free laundry daily housekeeping full size fridge amazing hotel pet owners soap and dryer sheets a wonderful place to stay morning breakfast comfortable bed the hotel staff clean rooms home away from home south carolina cookies peggy kitchenette
Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

First time to Aiken, loved the ppl. Super helpful staff. The lady that did breakfast was extra attentive to make sure everyone was happy. So nice to see. Clean room, fresh look. Plush towels. Great price for a Fri night stay. Love these places bc of the frig and kitchenette

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 2 October 2018

We had evacuated our home under a mandatory order and stayed in Athens, Ga for the previous 5 nights. We decided to try and shorten the distance we would have to drive to get home and reserved a room here for one night. I made the reservation online at Marriott.com. I was not made aware of a $100 pet fee until we checked in. The clerk was very adamant about this fee and told us we could go somewhere else if we didn’t want to pay it. After a week of worrying about when we could return home, we relented and brought our 16 year old cat into the room.
The room had not been cleaned like the $100 pet fee indicated. There was trash under the bed, dried goo on the bathroom door and the carpet had not been vacuumed.
I have contacted Marriott’s customer relations several times and received such poorly worded responses that I realized my only recourse is a Tripadvisor review.
We will not stay nor recommend staying at this hotel or any in the Marriott chain.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Hannabanana42
Owillinda B, Manager at TownePlace Suites Aiken Whiskey Road, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Dear Hannabanana42,

I want to thank you for your review and again I apologize that your most recent stay was not as pleasurable as you expected. We pride ourselves in making sure that all of our guest have a great experience that will make them return.

In your last correspondence (through Marriott Customer Care), you stated that you were not aware of the $100 pet fee from our online Marriott website. However, you were made aware at check-in upon your arrival. As a courtesy you were given $25 off of the regular pet charge and offered to cancel same day without any penalty due to the nature of the hurricane Florence evacuation.

In reference to your concerns with the room, we were not informed until now. However, I would like to have the opportunity to speak with you more on this matter. Please give me a call at your earliest convenience.

Sincere Regards,

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Hotel was very nice. Had a meet and greet in the lobby and lots of food for the morning breakfast. Room was clean, comfy and very nice. Had a good night and would definitely recommend as well as make this our regular stay when we come to town

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear John R,

Thank you for your review and happy to hear that your recent stay you found comfy, clean, and very nice. We pride ourselves in making sure that all our guest have a great experiences.

When you are back in town we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

The staff here is great, so warm and friendly. My stay here is for two weeks and have enjoyed my stay. The free laundry is a big plus, and although the breakfast isn't the greatest, it's perfect for grabbing a quick bite and getting on your way quickly. Service is always big for me, so I really liked this hotel.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

I travel frequently with our family for my husband's work during summers. We usually only stay Hilton or Marriott so I like to think that we have a good standard to compare to. This hotel has nice comfy beds, good daily housekeeping, friendly staff, and a manager that tries to accommodate everyone. My only complaint is that the floors are SUPER thin so any footsteps above or below are heard from anyone not staying on top floor. This is not a problem for us, but we had to constantly remind our toddlers not to step too loudly or the person under would complain. Try telling a 3 year old to walk on eggshells. The manager was very nice and tried to relocate us to another room but we had already decided to check out and head home early. My advice is, make sure a ground room floor is available if you travel here with young children. Otherwise hotel is great. We will return later this summer!

Date of stay: June 2018