All reviews front desk gentleman working baked cookies marriott chain free weights enjoyed my stay close to downtown hitchcock woods needed anything business travel breakfast host each morning walking distance yogurt indoor pool the breakfast area definitely stay here again
Reviewed 19 February 2017

All the amenities I ordinarily ned, expect no microwave in the room - did have a coffee maker and refrigerator. Comfy bed. Free internet worked well. The front desk clerk was extremely friendly and helpful. The whole place was very quiet - and I'm hard to please. There are also places to get food - simple and otherwise - nearby. I'd go out of my way to stay here again if I'm passing through.

Room Tip: All of them seem to be quiet relative to many hotels
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Kristina G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Aiken, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2017

Dear Maureane,

Thank you for taking the to share your review with us.

I am grateful to hear that you'd go out of your way to stay here again if you are passing through. We appreciate the kind words to shared with the wold regarding our hotel. I am excited to share your review with our staff, to keep motivating our team.

We hope to see you again if you are ever in Aiken.

Reviewed 6 February 2017

We've never gone wrong when staying at any FF Inn. The clerks at the lobby desk here always had a smile and cheery greeting, and at check-in, everyone received a little paper "goody" bag, containing a snack (chips or the like) and a bottle of water. Freshly baked cookies appeared late afternoon on the counter. There was an evening "social" with complimentary wine and snacks.
My husband and I were given a roomy suite, though the décor (lots of grays) was cold feeling and not cozy. As with most Marriotts, the beds were quite comfy.
The free breakfast was quite good - breads, bacon, turkey sausage, 2 kinds of eggs, fresh cubed fruit. The gentlemen who managed the breakfast room were very attentive.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CBW47
Kristina G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Aiken, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2017

Dear CBW47,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I am happy to hear that you enjoying staying at our property. I am even more excited to hear that you were able to enjoy our new managers reception, which is every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. With as you mentioned, complimentary beer, wine, and light snacks. Fairfield Inn & Suites just launched a new and improved hot continental breakfast, which from reading, sounds like you really enjoyed it. I cannot wait to share this review with our staff, as our goal here is to make sure guest leave satisfied, and with reviews like this, I am certain we are on our way.

Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Aiken.

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

Could not get beyond the odors in this place. Musty smell. No heat in halls apparently. Don't see what all the fuss is about the breakfast buffet as it was standard stuff. Front desk was nice if it matters.

Stayed: January 2017

Dear ExRIGuy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

It is reviews like yours which help us improve in areas which the guest see needs improvements.

I can imagine how frustrating that must of been to have a musty smell along with a cold hallway. I would like to apologize to you that you had to experience this. This is not a typical stay at our hotel. I have notified both housekeeping and maintenance department to get to the bottom of this.

Again, thank you for your feedback and if you should need anything further, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Reviewed 10 January 2017

Very good place to stay in Aiken, and I thought it was an outstanding value. Very nice staff, clean and quite room, great mattress, and good location. Offered everything I was looking for and did so at a bargain price (compared to other places in Aiken that I checked). Would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DrSwampy
Kristina G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Aiken, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2017

Dear DrSwampy,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, along with all other TripAdvisor members.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay here with us. We look forward to having you back with us on any future trips to Aiken.

Reviewed 10 December 2016

I enjoyed my stay at the Fairfield Inn in Aiken. The front desk clerks, the IT tech, and the food area manager were all great. They remembered me when I returned the following week, were friendly, and thanked me for returning. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and included work desks and mini refrigerators. Water pressure was good in the shower. There was complimentary breakfast each morning, a social party was offered Tuesday through Thursday in the dining area with complimentary beer, wine, and snacks. Quick brown-bag breakfasts were offered at the front desk in the mornings and chocolate chip cookies were there in the evening. There was also a small vending snack area and computer area in the lobby. I had Wi-Fi (which is free) connection problems one evening, and when the front desk couldn't help me, an IT technician was at my room in five minutes and had the high speed connection going in just a couple of minutes. The hotel is located next door to Applebee's, Moe's, and Pizza Hut, so if you don't feel like driving in the evening for supper or a drink, they are in walking distance. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Julie M

Dear Julie M,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed stay about our property. We really enjoyed reading this.

I will share this review with our staff, and let them know that they are doing a great job and to keep up the good work!

We hope to see you back soon!