All reviews front desk gentleman working baked cookies marriott chain free weights enjoyed my stay close to downtown hitchcock woods needed anything business travel breakfast host each morning walking distance yogurt indoor pool the breakfast area definitely stay here again
Reviewed 16 November 2016

The room was good. I am a Marriott gold member and have stayed here before the better results. The breakfast was horrible. I got a bagel and fruit. The bagel was very stale and the fruit appeared to be several days old.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Kristina G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Aiken, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2016

Dear Tara S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

Although, I am sad to read that you did enjoy our breakfast, I am happy to read that you did enjoy your room. I will definitely be sure to share your feedback with our breakfast associates to improve our breakfast services. As our goal is to provide our guest with 100% satisfaction, I am certain with reviews like this, we will continue to keep striving to reach our goals.

Again, I appreciate your feedback and I hope you will give us another chance to regain your trust upon any future trips to Aiken.

Reviewed 8 November 2016

The hotel has brand new carpeting throughout. The free breakfast is great!! The hotel has "breakfast bags" to go is you don't have time to sit and eat. Throughout the day we enjoyed fresh baked cookies or brownies. Everything was very clean and accommodating. No charge for parking at the hotel. Free wi-fi was also a help.

Room Tip: The hotel was extremely quiet. We did not hear anyone in the halls.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Jonesville1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. We as well as other TripAdvisor travelers truly appreciate it.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your time here at our hotel. We hope that you will visit us again on any future trips to Aiken.

Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

We stayed here on a Friday night for one night. The hotel was in a nice area. For the money we paid, we got a great value. We had a king suite that was very clean and well maintained. Breakfast was fresh and the attendant kept everything stocked and clean. We would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Tiffany M, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Aiken, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2016

Dear Roger B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review and staying at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott, Aiken. I am so glad to see that overall you had a great stay. We look forward to welcoming you back on any future trips to Aiken.

Tiffany McNeal
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 20 October 2016

On the morning of OCT 3, I received a very early call from the front desk informing me that my husband's truck was one of about 7 vehicles that had been broken into. First off, this was not the fault of the hotel, nor do they need to apologize for this.
Fairfield Inn & Suites Aiken is not to blame!
Our room was nice & comfortable, Breakfast was good and the employees were sincere in their regrets for all the guests who had this unfortunate experience. The attendant even held it over a few minutes to accommodate those of us who had been dealing with details of the situation. So, please remember this is a good hotel.
My concern is one with owner/management. A few days after returning home I called the hotel to ask about hotel security lighting and learned there was none. I simply wanted to speak directly with the manager and urge her to get one. I was put on hold and no one ever came back so after 18 minutes (not good hold time) I disconnected the call. Later, after some time had passed I decided to call Marriott on the issue. We had not received any contact from this hotel at all. Again, the break in's were certainly not the hotel's fault, but the criminal(s) who did the crime. The location is not a "bad" area. Aiken is a quiet & charming small town. However, it would have been nice to have the manager or owner write a personal note to say "I'm sorry this happened to you" (not an apology) and even include an offer for a free future stay. It was an opportunity for the hotel to shine in a dark situation by taking the time for those of us who could have stayed at another area hotel including other Marriott properties, but chose this one and ended up with more financial loss than the cost of the hotel stay. Later I did receive an email of apology from the front desk manager with an offer of 2500 Marriott Rewards points which was a nice gesture. However, it would have been far more meaningful if her email had come unprompted. Hopefully, the other guests were given the same consideration.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Tiffany M, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Aiken, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2016

Dear NancyI2675JX,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor.

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us so that we may continue to develop training programs that ensure exceptional customer service. As for the break-ins that occurred here during your stay, I will reach out to Aiken Public Safety to ask them to provide more frequent patrolling of the area and hotel so that we can eliminate this issue in the future. This is not typical of our hotel, nor Marriott, and I am truly sorry that you encountered this issue during your stay. As for hotel security lighting on the exterior of our property I will express your concern to my manager to see what kind of solution we can come up with. I am delighted to hear that your room was nice and comfortable. Again, I do apologize this happened to you.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you give us another chance on your next trip to Aiken.

Tiffany McNeal
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

Soccer tournament in Aiken and the hotel had overbooked the rooms. True to form, my husband saved our confirmation email for our 2 double bed room. Unfortunately, the decision had been made we were staying in a king bed. Well, that just didn't work for our family of four. After some pleasant conversation with the manager, we worked out an agreement which included a cot and some money back on our credit card.
I was truly impressed when I looked out our room window and saw the beautiful manager pushing the cot across the parking lot for us.
This is truly going the extra mile. I hope the owner knows what a gem of a staff they have and compensate them accordingly.
We will stay there again only because of the staff.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Kristina G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Aiken, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2016

Dear Elizabeth P,

Thank you for taking the time out to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to see that our Front Desk Manager, Tiffany, take such good care of you, in spite of the error which occurred. I will be glad to share this with her, along with the rest of the staff here to continue to motivate and inspire them.

We hope to see you again on any future trips to Aiken.