“Excellent Indian Cuisine”

Taj Aiken Indian Cuisine
Ranked #27 of 193 Restaurants in Aiken
Reviewed 26 December 2017

Very fresh, staff is helpful and knowledgeable. Good location in the heart of downtown Aiken. Quick service.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

I love Indian food, and have lived in many places, larger cities, where there were several places to choose from. This new restaurant recently opened in downtown Aiken is wonderful. The food is as good as any I've had anywhere. Already been here 3 times. My favorite is the Chicken Korma

Reviewed 28 October 2017

I visited on a Wednesday night, on the late side, so the restaurant was quiet. The service was prompt and my server was knowledgeable about the dishes and pleasant to chat with. The food came nicely presented and tasted as good as it looked. The portions were generous and I ended up with lunch for the next day. I really liked the Dal Makhani and of course the garlic naan was addictive. I ordered the Kachumber salad which didn’t indicate it would have any heat/spice and it was too spicy/hot for me. That was my fault for not asking so beware and ask if you prefer gently heat for your spice level. It was a work night so I didn’t try any alcoholic beverages, but they were available. Parking was right out front on the main street with easy access to the restaurant from the history Hotel Aiken. There was a nice selection of vegetarian dishes so I had plenty to choose from. It was a pleasant evening with good food at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

Had dinner here last week and it was wonderful. We were four and each tried a different dish and shared - it was excellent. Their wine list is not to my taste but we were allowed to bring our own and they charged corkage. A wonderful evening.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Excellent authentic Indian food. The food has the right amount of heat and spice. The vindaloo was great and is very spicy ( it's supposed to be) the Korma had great taste. We will definitely be back. Such a pleasure to find an authentic Indian restaurant in Aiken.