“Smokers Haven”
Review of Super 8 Altoona

Super 8 Altoona
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Altoona
Reviewed 18 August 2017

The staff at this hotel were kind and helpful. The room was clean and the housekeeper even made sure everything was great. That is where the good review ends.

When I arrived, the staff, manager, owner,(not sure who it was other than they worked there) was smoking in the lobby. Is that even legal in PA anymore? As an asthmatic, I immediately started into an attack, lost my voice, and had to leave the building until my paperwork was completed.

Then to get to my room the staff led me through the second floor which is the smoking floor. Finally I made it to my room, which was clean. However as the air conditioner continued to work and smokers came back to the hotel my room began smelling like smoke. All night, I would get spurts of smoke strong enough to wake me. I finally opened the window so I could breathe and left it open both days I stayed. My budget stay ended up in a dry cleaning bill because my business suit smelled like smoke enough that my colleagues smelled it on me. I also had to purchase a new pillow which cost $30.

If you smoke or don't mind smelling like smoke, I encourage you to stay here. It was quiet....no tv noise....no water running noise, and no one running the halls. The staff are friendly and will help you without complaint.

However, if smoke bothers you, do not stay here because even the lobby has smoke in it and your budget stay will cost you more in dry cleaning and medicine.

Room Tip: There is no elevator so you are carrying you items to the third floor. Smoking floor is the 2nd flo...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Altoona

Reviewed 12 August 2017

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Dorothy K, General Manager at Super 8 Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Reviewed 11 August 2017

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2017

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2017

overall very good. Smell of smoking in the hallways was a bit offputting. and the malfunctioning lock on the entrance door in front had to be worked around. Also I had trouble getting an internet connection in my room. It worked in the lobby but not on the 2nd floor. I will return again.

also but I'll return again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Dorothy K, General Manager at Super 8 Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Thank you for choosing Super 8 for your lodging needs, and hope to see you again

Travellers also viewed these Altoona hotels
2.3 km away
10.7 km away
Days Inn & Suites Altoona
4.2 km away
Wingate by Wyndham Altoona

Been to Super 8 Altoona? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Altoona

Address: 3535 Fairway Dr, Altoona, PA 16602-4479
Region: United States > Pennsylvania > Altoona
Bar / Lounge Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Wheelchair access
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Altoona
Price Range: $79 - $128 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Altoona 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Super 8 Altoona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Motel Altoona Hotel Altoona