“Excellent time at The Dime”
Review of The Dime

The Dime
Reserve with OpenTable
The Dime is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 473 Restaurants in Allentown
Cuisines: American
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Dime is an upscale dining experience like no other. Our menu features locally inspired and locally sourced Pennsylvanian American cuisine. Our inspiration comes not just from our own Lehigh Valley, but from all regions of the state, including, Lancaster County, the Greater Pittsburgh area, historic Philadelphia and a continually evolving list of culinary landmarks. Our dining spaces are a timeless and elegant homage to the Lehigh Valley's rich history as well. The Dime's full-service bar features Pennsylvanian specialties among its extensive list of craft beers, wines and made-from-scratch cocktails. And our incredible assemblage of renowned chefs and restaurant professionals will ensure that every meal with us will be among your most incredible and memorable dining experiences.
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

I went out for some dinner and drinks with a friend. Neither of us had been here before and we wanted to try something new. We sat at the bar and were promptly greeted by the bartender. We ordered some ruby red old fashioned’s which were simply amazing. The hint of grapefruit really set it apart from other old fashioned’s.

Next we ordered some apps. We shared oysters and also the short rib poutine. The oysters were a bit small but very fresh. I probably would’ve liked a more brined flavor, but that’s me. However, the poutine was utterly ridiculous. The portion is immense and it’s very rich. This is a must have when you come!

Next we ordered a nice bottle of wine to go with dinner. My friend got the ribeye while I got the rack of lamb. Both perfectly cooked, nicely sauced and nice portions. I’d say the only thing I didn’t like about the lamb was the broccoli rabe pesto. It just misses the brightness of the basil in my opinion.

We finished up with the bourbon pecan pie...oh lord this was divine. Flaky crust, warm pecan filling, maple bourbon gelato on top. Sweet mother of god this was the best I’ve ever had. All in all a great night. Highly recommend going here!

Todd P, General Manager at The Dime, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Thank you for the 4/5 review!

It's excellent you enjoyed your time with us so much. We're delighted you loved our delicious drinks and mouthwatering cuisine. We care deeply about the happiness and satisfaction of our guests so we'll address your concerns regarding the oysters and lamb with our team moving forward.

We strive for excellence so we look forward to sharing an even better experience with you soon.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

I am kicking myself because I cannot remember the name of the heavenly cocktail I had but it was gin based and slightly sweet topped with a froth and what seems like a sprinkle of pepper on top. Yummy. A nice basked of crusty bread arrived shortly after we were seated. My dining companion and I shared a Cheese & Charcuterie board and their Dime Wedge salad. Then we both ordered the same exact entree, their bone in Rib Eye steak medium rare with Herbed Russet & Sweet Potato Wedges, Asparagus, Bordelaise. The meat was perfectly seasoned and tender. Mine was more medium than rare and my companions was more rare than medium but not to the point that either of us had a complaint. Then we had dessert. My companion had their Dime Gelato Cake which I was allowed a small spoonful to taste. All I can say is anyone who loves chocolate will LOVE this dessert. Unfortunately, my only disappointment with our Dime Restaurant experience was my dessert. I ordered their Sweet Potato Crème Brulee. It was a great disappointment. I am not sure why anyone would want to use Sweet Potato instead of delicious custard as a base for Crème Brulee but it missed the mark. If it is to have a healthy alternative to the very rich custard based Crème Brulee, it would be better just to have a sorbet or some fruit and leave the beautiful custard Crème Brulee for those of us who want it as it was intended. It did not taste bad but it also was no Crème Brulee. Other than that, eating at the Dime Restaurant was a most pleasurable experience. The decor was eclectic and enjoyable for us as was the food, drinks and service. I would definitely eat there again.

Todd P, General Manager at The Dime, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Thank you for the 4/5 review, GoItaly2011.

It's excellent you enjoyed your time with us so much. We're delighted you appreciated so many of our dishes. We strive for excellence so we look forward to sharing an even better experience with you soon!

Thanks again.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

We went there for breakfast after reading their menu online. The items seemed tasty, and we were excited to go. We arrived and were informed that it was a buffet. We were disappointed since the website did not indicate that there would be a buffet. There was a cold "Continental" section, and for an additional fee, there was a hot section.

The cold section included fruit, bagels, and pastries. There was a large group there and they quickly went through the fruit. The staff did bring out more fruit, but did not seem prepared for the amount of people, even though they were expecting the large group. The hot section consisted of scrambled eggs, sausage, and bacon, with an option for an omelette station. The bacon was barely cooked. We waited at the omelette station for awhile before our server came over to tell us that this was for a private party and she would take our omelette order (she never told us this earlier).

At this point, we decided to leave. Our server seemed perplexed about our displeasure, even after we explained it to her. This was a lot of money to spend for a buffet that could be found at a lower-end hotel. Extremely disappointing.

Todd P, General Manager at The Dime, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Thank you for your feedback, Cynthia.

We're disappointed to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your dining experience. Our staff is dedicated to providing our guests with delicious drinks and cuisine, quality service, and a beautiful atmosphere. It's unfortunate to know that you felt we could have done a better job, but we're confident that we can provide you with a more positive experience in the future.

We'd love to host you again and give you the wonderful dining experience we have become known for here.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Great choices for cocktails and food. Very flexible on adjusting the entree's. The services was excellent.

Todd P, General Manager at The Dime, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Thank you for such a great review, Bernice C!

It's excellent you enjoyed your time at The Dime so much. We work hard to offer the best food in the best possible environment, so we are happy to see that reflected on your last visit. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

We started with the oxtail empanadas, our group of 3 shared 2 portions with our beers, very nice served with a spicy seasoned salad of carrot, onion and coriander. They have a big selection of beer on tap and a very cool bar area, we had our starter at the counter then decided to sit down for a main. Very relaxed place, menus are on iPads and have picks of the dishes. Big wine list $35-$250, we took a reasonably priced Malbec. I had the halibut on Israeli couscous, I thought the dish could have had more fish, less couscous and needed to be less bitter. That being said I still enjoyed it. My colleagues devoured a big pork chop and crab cakes that were presently elegantly.

Todd P, General Manager at The Dime, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Thank you for the 4/5 review, Scott.

It's excellent you enjoyed your time with us so much. We're delighted you enjoyed your appetizers and our beer selection. We care deeply about the happiness and satisfaction of our guests so we'll address your concerns regarding our halibut dish with our team moving forward.