“nice seafood restaurant”

Ranked #9 of 473 Restaurants in Allentown
Price range: USD 18 - USD 40
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Youell's Oyster House, Sea to Table since 1895. 6 varietal oysters daily, plus 6 more on deck. Fresh Seafood and Prime Steaks, Raw Bar, 2 lb Maine Lobsters delivered daily, Varietal Oysters, Seafood Towers, Gastropub Fare. Full compliment of Craft Brews on draft. Generous wine, scotch, cognac and cocktail selection for the most discriminating imbiber Upscale, casual atmosphere for any and all occasions, including business and family gatherings, as well as private parties on our mezzanine level.
Reviewed 17 September 2017

Remodeled, largely seafood restaurant in a residential neighborhood. The four of us all liked what we selected: jumbo lump crabmeat (very good); crabmeat stuffed shrimp; cioppino. The cioppino was a bit spicy for one of us, but plentiful and tasty. Service was very good; wines were pricey. Dinner area adjoins the pub type bar, so that gets a bit noisy. Building has a lot of hard surfaces, so overall, it tends to be noisy.

Christian F, Owner at Youell's Oyster House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Thank you.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I recently went there after a not so great experience with the food thinking it was a bad night but it was just as bad again since they reopened. Tuna was the worst I ever had in the last 25 years and my wife's crab wasn't much better. The bar is nice and the manager or owner that stands in the front has quite the attitude and is very unfriendly and unwelcoming. Way more better places for seafood in the area then this!

Reviewed 8 September 2017

An instution that very successfully re-invented itself after a 2013 total rebuild due to fire. It retains appeal to its traditional clientele with its neighborhood "feel" while now favored by millenials as well with a separate, lively and airy bar scene. Crab, oyster and other seafood selections are the best outside of Philly or NYC. Wait staff is sharp and well-trained and has never been less than excellent.

Christian F, Owner at Youell's Oyster House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Thanks Stephen!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We started celebrating our birthdays, mother's and father's day, and any other celebration that brings the family together at Youell's a few year back. My mom loves lobster! It was Mother's day and I thought "let's try something new". My dad is seafood snob, especially when it comes to clams and oysters. He placed an order and when they arrived, he took in the first one and I just waited....expected a comment of some sort about how he has had better - but instead heard "mmmmm, wow that was good!" and immediately went in for #2. Since then, it's the place we meet. We love the staff and the atmosphere. It's a must try! I think you'll get hooked too.

Christian F, Owner at Youell's Oyster House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

We really appreciate you choosing Youell's for your family milestones!

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

We made a reservation ahead of time but decided to sit at the bar. Everyone was friendly and welcoming. I had the fried oysters which were delicious yet my husband's pork chop was even better. Yummy sides of sun dried rice, summer squash and carrot medley as well as fresh asparagus. My only wish is that we lived closer to this great restaurant!!

Thanks Missy!