“Hidden surprise”

Cuisines: American, French, Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

Extremely nice spot. Excellent food. Had the specials and they were stunning. Gazpacho, very tasty, with fresh crab meat and avocado. Quite a tasty combination. The fish special was cashew crusted with a tasty Thai curry sauce laced with shrimp, mango, pineapple and peppers. Very well done. Very tasty. We also had the Caesar salad with a strip steak. Both were well done and well presented.

Aside from the waters being over burdened with customers, the food was stunning.

Well worth the trip.

There are newer reviews for Bay Leaf Restaurant

Reviewed 24 May 2017

I would describe this as an European style restaurant, in terms of decor, service and food. I had the seafood bisque soup and the small plate of the seared tuna, and greatly enjoyed both of them. There was only one couple eating there when I went at about 8:30 on a Thursday evening - when I asked about this the waiter said there had been other people earlier, but I do wonder how it makes sense to even open for this few people. However, when walking in downtown earlier I got the sense that there was generally little business anywhere on weeknight evenings.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

The Bay Leaf can be easily overlooked as they don't run ads and seem to blend in discretely along Hamilton St. But the food and service are consistently FABULOUS. The menu is large and diverse; I would describe it as continental with an Asian flare. Every dish is unique versus the ordinary. They have been in business for many years ... and deservedly so. We go 3-4 times a year and have never been disappointed. One caution for older or handicapped folks: the rest rooms are in the basement so you have to be able to navigate the steps.

Reviewed 23 March 2017

My husband and I have been to the Bay Leaf four times in the past few months and have thoroughly enjoyed it every time. Our guests did as well. We have had many of the new special offerings such as the Osso Bucco lamb shank and the John Dory fish. The cashew encrusted John Dory was served with a coconut, pineapple curry like sauce and the Lamb Shank was also served with a curry type of sauce. I would describe both of these dishes as Asian fusion style While my husband remains addicted to the Kag Salad with Thai peanut dressing, I have been loving the Beet Salad that is served with a delicious lemon vinaigrette. I consider there menu to be a little better priced than many in the valley. It is wonderful to have a restaurant that is so consistently delicious, time after time, year after year. We park in the back parking lot and zip right in the back door. It is well lit.

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

Food was excellent. That is the 1st thing to be said about a restaurant. Yes people want to know prices and they were high but I think worth it since almost everything we got was seafood based. Phyllo dough goat cheese appetizer was rich but tasty. Crabcake, I could've eaten 14! We eat had a martini. I enjoyed the french martini, really quite good. We did not try entrees, we eat had apps and 2 per person really made the meal. 4 women 2 apps each, 1 drink per person 140 bucks all together.
Service was wonderful. Wish I could remember the waiters name. All in all I would return... maybe the only downfall is the location?