“Wonderful Asian Food”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 February 2017

This is really top notch Asian food. We've had many menu items including the thai food and sushi and loved them all. Our favorites are the Thai basil fried rice and the hot chili beef. We usually do take out but also enjoy dining in. it is not your typical shopping center Asian restaurant.

Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were very pleased with the three sushi rolls. But the whole lobster roll outshined the others. We really liked the volcano and avocado salads. My children liked their soup and chicken teriyaki served sizzling. The Thai tea rounded out the meal.

Reviewed 26 October 2016

I realize many people don't really consider General Tso' s chicken to be truly Chinese cuisine, however it's my favorite dish to order whenever I go to a Chinese restaurant. I truly have found one of the best renditions here at Bamboo. It was crispy on the outside and covered with a deep rich sauce that I wish I could duplicate. It came with a side of white rice, and an egg roll appetizer. All for $8.00.....my waitress was not the friendliest, and she failed to let the chef know I asked for extra broccoli, which was a disappointment. If there is anything lacking here it seemed to be the service. However many people were around to deliver my bill and take payment so perhaps it was just my waitress. Either way it's worth going back for the delicious food.

1  Thank woody046
Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

Very good, great staff. Very friendly. The food was fresh. Good location. Kid friendly ahi tuna and the bam bam shrimp

1  Thank Kara F
Reviewed 20 September 2016

I've only taken food out from Bamboo and so cannot comment on table service. But the food we've had is as good as any Chinese food we've had anywhere in the country, except for the unusual gourmet Chinese restaurants you find scattered in the largest cities. Nothing here is too greasy or overcooked. Everything dish is generous in size and in the use of ingredients (so ordering a shrimp dish means actually getting shrimp, instead of a single piece mixed in a bowl of vegetables). Everything seems fresh and expertly prepared. Simply, if you want Chinese food in Allentown, this is the place to go.

In regard to the occasional complaints you see here about being ready on time or the attitude of the people at the front, we've had none of those experiences. The food has always been ready and the people always polite and respectful. I cannot speak to delivery (I always pick up).