“General Tso' s to die for !”

Bamboo Asian Cuisine & Sushi Bar
Ranked #39 of 516 Restaurants in Allentown
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 October 2016

I realize many people don't really consider General Tso' s chicken to be truly Chinese cuisine, however it's my favorite dish to order whenever I go to a Chinese restaurant. I truly have found one of the best renditions here at Bamboo. It was crispy on the outside and covered with a deep rich sauce that I wish I could duplicate. It came with a side of white rice, and an egg roll appetizer. All for $8.00.....my waitress was not the friendliest, and she failed to let the chef know I asked for extra broccoli, which was a disappointment. If there is anything lacking here it seemed to be the service. However many people were around to deliver my bill and take payment so perhaps it was just my waitress. Either way it's worth going back for the delicious food.

1  Thank woody046

Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

Very good, great staff. Very friendly. The food was fresh. Good location. Kid friendly ahi tuna and the bam bam shrimp

1  Thank Kara F
Reviewed 20 September 2016

I've only taken food out from Bamboo and so cannot comment on table service. But the food we've had is as good as any Chinese food we've had anywhere in the country, except for the unusual gourmet Chinese restaurants you find scattered in the largest cities. Nothing here is too greasy or overcooked. Everything dish is generous in size and in the use of ingredients (so ordering a shrimp dish means actually getting shrimp, instead of a single piece mixed in a bowl of vegetables). Everything seems fresh and expertly prepared. Simply, if you want Chinese food in Allentown, this is the place to go.

In regard to the occasional complaints you see here about being ready on time or the attitude of the people at the front, we've had none of those experiences. The food has always been ready and the people always polite and respectful. I cannot speak to delivery (I always pick up).

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

Very well- prepared Asian food. My husband always gets Sashimi, but I explore and have never been disappointed. I especially like their miso soup, seafood deluxe, and duck. Wait staff is friendly without being your friend if you know what I mean. Quick turnover but you never feel rushed. Nice atmosphere and BYOB.

1  Thank Bathsheba M
Reviewed 13 September 2016

I have had lots of Asian food in the Valley but this is always consistently high quality. Service is prompt and friendly, but not overbearing. Inside is clean and modern. Nothing tacky.