“Great Greek food”

Nostos Greek Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Nostos Greek Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 463 Restaurants in Allentown
Price range: USD 10 - USD 40
Description: Authentic Greek and Mediterranean Cuisine, Grille and Seafood.Serves Lunch, Dinner and Sunday Brunch. Accommodates parties up to 80 People. BYOB.
Reviewed 5 August 2017

This restaurant opened this past year. I first tried it several months ago and have been back twice since. The food is excellent, staff very friendly, service excellent and portions very generous. I love saganaki and always start a meal with this flaming starter! The restaurant itself is no frills, but clean and pleasant. Good value for money.

There are newer reviews for Nostos Greek Restaurant

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Nostos is located at 19th and Tilghman in the former Saylors Bldg. It is owned by a Greek couple with many years restaurant experience. While one can dress casual the décor is very nice with Mediterranean accents suitable for a romantic evening. This is a BYOB restaurant but they do offer a complimentary glass of wine with dinner. I have been there twice and had the same server who was very knowledgeable about the cuisine and attentive. The menu is extensive with a large selection of hot and cold appetizers, salads, soups, entrees that include traditional Greek dishes of lamb, beef, chicken and seafood. They also have a number of homemade desserts. My first trip there I had an appetizer described as a creamy garlicky potato dip, it was flavorful but the consistency of cold mashed potatoes. I thought it could have been "creamier". My entrée was a mixed grill that was very enjoyable and large enough that I took half of it home. My second visit I had another cold appetizer that featured eggplant similar to (but not) baba ghanoush that was enjoyable. My entrée was described as "roast lamb with tomatoes and onions" I was expecting a stew/casserole type dish instead I was served a roasted lamb shank with tomato and onion. My fault for not asking but It was huge, tender and flavorful. I have ordered lamb shank in other restaurants, this was delicious just not what I expected from the menu description. I also took half of this dish home. The portions are generous. Some of my surprises are due to not being familiar enough with Greek food beyond the church festival offerings. If you are unsure about a dish ask. The restaurant is warm, services is friendly, the food is excellent. I don't live close but I will return as opportunities present themselves to work my way through their intriguing menu.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

We LOVE this restaurant. The food is always good, atmosphere is lovely, and the staff make one feel as though they are welcoming you into their home. If you haven't tried Nostos, make it your next restaurant trip!! Highly recommended.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

From the moment that I walked in, we were treated like family. The meal started with free wine and bread with olive oil. We selected a gyro and chicken dish. Both were obviously homemade with generous portions. I did hear one patron complain that the restaurant was too noisy, but it was just a restaurant full of happy families happily laughing and having a good time.

Everyone in the restaurant seemed genuinely concerned with our happiness and making sure we were having a pleasurable experience. I will certainly be back.

Reviewed 8 July 2017

My husband and I live close enough to walk to this restaurant that has had many lives. The latest is Nostos. All I can say is "Welcome to the neighborhood! And we wish you much success." The whole building has been totally remodeled and looks fantastic not only on the inside but the outside as well. Our Mini-lunch was delicious and included, soup or salad, and complimentary dessert. I had Chicken Saganaki and my husband had the Gemista. Both of our dishes were just the right size though I must say, the red pepper was HUGE and packed full. My husband brought some of his home. I managed to eat every last bite! We will definitely return.

1  Thank jlouise254