“nice hot tub!”

Ranked #25 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Lodz, Poland
“nice hot tub!”
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night. It's located very close to the Dorney Park, so might be a good place to stay after spending the whole day at the Park. The room was quite spacious with a comfortable bed and a hot tub in the bathroom. Staff friendly and helpful, I didn't experience any problems. I would recommend it!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Yardley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 January 2012

We were traveling thru the area and need a place. I used points so the night was free. Very basic accommodations, wife was not really happy with the place (carpets, room atmosphere). Bed was pretty bad and the room small but 3/5 due to price point and expectations. The pool looked nice we did not use any of the facilities or eat breakfast which was free and the area was crowded. The hotel appeared to be near capacity. Do not expect much and you will not be disappointed. I imagine most people book this hotel for price as there are many other hotels in the immediate area.

Room Tip: Next to a Perkins but we had a fine dinner at Pistachios
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bill K
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed 21 December 2011

On a recent stay at this location was thoroughly disappointed. I booked this room late in the evening ( with hotels.com), upon my arrival I did not receive the type of room reserved, and after check out was fraudulently charged a smoking fee of $150.00. I have made several attempt to contact the management with no response. I have also filed with Howard Johnson's Corporate and to date have had resolution with them either. I have finally turned it over to my banks fraud division to see if this can be resolved.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank artmark62
Reviewed 20 December 2011

I was very impressed with this hotel. The high speed internet was solid. Never lost connection or even slowed down. The place is like home. Very clean and well maintained. Great location too with restaurants near the hotel. Wish I could give more than 5 stars.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank corporate-traveler75
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I was coming to the Allentown area to visit with some family and friends when I stumbled upon the Howard Johnson. When I went in to inquire about rates, to say I was pleasantly surprised would be an understatement. The lobby was warm, clean, very welcoming, and was complete with charming holiday decor. I was greeted quite warmly by the front desk, who gave me a great deal on a non smoking room with two queen sized beds. I was informed that the room came equipped with mini refrigerator and microwave, they served a continental breakfast in the morning, had an indoor pool and jacuzzi, free wifi, and if I was eating out there were a few local restaurants who offered a discount to guests, all of which - included with my room rate. The room was clean, warm, and the beds very comfortable. The pool room was lovely, and the jacuzzi felt heavenly. We had dinner right across the street and received 10% off our bill. The pool was open until 11pm so another dip before bed was a must! We slept like babies, no complaints there. Breakfast in the morning was great! Nothing over the top, but definitely enough to get your day started right! Check out was a breeze. I will definitely stay again when I'm back in Allentown!

• Stayed December 2011