All reviews off the highway beds were comfortable front desk lobby noise
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Everyone here was very helpful when our truck broke down on 78 and the tow truck dropped us off before check in time. We had called ahead (before noon on a Sunday) and they said all rooms had been occupied the night before but they would get one cleaned for us. Arrived about 1:30 and a room was ready! Such a relief after a long, difficult morning waiting for a tow and knowing we would have to find a replacement vehicle next morning.
The room and hotel interior were very clean and the free coffee in the lobby much appreciated. The only negative - the location was difficult without a vehicle. Very busy roads with minimal sidewalks made walking for meals a bit challenging. Luckily there was a grocery store nearby and since the room had a frig and microwave we were able to have meals in our room thus saving the added cost of restaurants.
Many thanks to the manager and his nice staff for helping us out!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joan Z
Paul P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Allentown South, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I am so happy you found our staff helpful and friendly. Customer Service is very important to us, and we are glad we were able to help. I am happy you found your room comfortable and clean. Housekeeping us a priority for us. I hope you will stay with us again whenever your travels bring you to our area.

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Pros: clean room and friendly check in staff, convenient to I-78

Cons: front desk is behind plexiglass; pool is actually outside under a covering; had to sign a separate no drugs, no partying agreement (giant red flags); large gap under room doors allows lots of hallway noise into the rooms; housekeeping staff did not replenish room coffee after first night. I had to wake up the front desk agent at 6:45am after waiting for 10 minutes for someone to come to the window so I could check out and get a receipt. This was after we had been through the lobby several times loading our car. There was no one at the front desk for at least 30 minutes.

I suspect this location has lots of issues with people using their rooms as partying space on weekends. We stayed midweek so didn’t experience too much late night noise but other guests seem to think it’s ok to talk loudly in the hallway late at night.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank amm73
Paul P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Allentown South, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you found your room clean and staff friendly. Housekeeping is a priority for us, and Customer service is very important to us. We apologize there was no one at the front desk, however our desk staff must sometime leave their post to assist other guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 27 April 2018

I had a great overnight stay. The room looked newly refurbished. The floors were laminate, no rugs, I think this is much more sanitary. The beds were comfortable, but were high, so if your short like me bring a step stool. The room had a refrig and a coffee maker. There was also an iron(do people still do that).The lobby also had a coffee machine as well as vending machine.
The check in staff was very personable, and check in was easy. I did have to sign a pet form, but there was no extra charge.
I would go there again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank wopatwoman

Thank you for your feedback. We are all happy to hear you had a great overnight stay. We appreciate your five out of five evaluation. It encourages all of us as we strive to provide exceptional guest experiences. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Always a great stay! Manager/Owner Paul works hard to keep the hotel clean and running smooth. When there was a big snow storm during my stay (13+ inches) he got the snow cleaned out quickly from the parking area. Very impressed. Also top feedback to Erica at the front desk and Alice in housekeeping.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Paul P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Allentown South, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We greatly appreciate your five out of five evaluation. It encourages all of us as we strive to provide exceptional guest experiences. I am glad to hear you found our snow plowing efficient and quick. We do always try our best. I will forward your kind comments to Erica and Alice. I know they will both appreciate your recognitiion of their efforts. We look forward to seeing you agian soon.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

When I first arrived I was skeptical. It doesn't really look like a hotel to me for some reason. When I arrived there were no parking spaces available and there is no designated spots for check-in. Two other cars were parked in front of the front door and was a bit chaotic. Upon entering the lobby, it felt like just that, a lobby. It didn't feel like a hotel, more like the DMV,,,,I can't explain it. It just didn't feel like a place to rest. The gentleman who checked me in was kind and gave me a ground floor room as requested. They were full because of power outages in town, but he was still able to accommodate me. From the looks of the lobby I was nervous about what the rooms must be like... My room was VERY clean and looked newly renovated. The mattress was very comfortable with nice fluffy pillows. The fridge was a nice size. The bathroom and sink area were nice and clean also. I was surprised by the level of quiet in this hotel considering it was full and a lot of foot traffic in the halls. Good soundproofing I suppose. I only saw coffee in the morning, if there was breakfast I missed it, but coffee was good. There isn't a grassy area for the dogs, but we did okay without it. I got a good sleep here and it was clean. If I happen to be in the area again, I would stay here. I'm glad I didn't leave after seeing the lobby. If management asked me what they could do better at this property,,,it would be 1) designate a parking area for the lobby and 2) make the lobby a bit more inviting and homey. Other than that, it's a good place for a restful night.

Stayed: March 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I am so glad you found our nicely renovated rooms clean and comfortable. Housekeeping is a priority for us and our guest's comfort is always our goal. We will forward your lobby and parking suggestions to our renovations team. We are happy you would stay with us again in the future and we look forward to seeing you again soon.