“So Disappointed ”

Pasta Piatti
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

I've had a half dozen meals at the Pie + Vine and they've all been good to really good. Tonite, not so much. I ordered the pollo on polenta. The chicken was very dry and my serving was limited to 4 very thin slices. The equivalent of maybe a 1/4 breast. The zucchini was mushy and cold and the polenta tasteless. I finished my meal but I left hungry and wondering "what happened". Our waiter, Jason, was funny and attentive.

Reviewed 29 June 2016

We will not return to this restaurant due to their policy of no substitutions on their menu. We requested simple substitutions that were listed as available with other entrees on the menu. We have not experienced this archaic policy in restaurants in many years.
Hard to understand why the owners would want to lose the sale of a meal because they are so inflexible. We left very unhappy especially since we had travelled 6 hours and we're looking forward to dinner. We would not recommend this restaurant to anyone and will not return ever!
We do want to acknowledge the staff, they were awesome but their hands were tied to the crazy policy.
Dr. K.B White

1  Thank Pauline W
Reviewed 25 June 2016

We had a party of 5 including 2 hungry teenage boys. I had the interesting and delicious farro and shrimp salad, my husband had the trout, which he raved about, our friend had the lovely eggplant, my son had the salmon and even ate the succotash, our friend's son had the rib eye which he thought was excellent. We also ordered the calamari which came with great marinara sauce. We were all very happy with the food, our server Preston was very helpful and attentive. We thought the prices were quite reasonable especially for the quality of food

Reviewed 3 June 2016

Went to what we thought was Pasta Piatta but named was changed to Pie + Vine. Pasta Piatta was one of our favorite restaurants but this new one is a mess. We had lousy service and worse food. Found out it was the same owners who changed the restaurant. Why would you take a wonderful busy restaurant and fix it?

Reviewed 2 June 2016

First of all, this restaurant has changed to Pie & Vine, and I don't think it's fair that they retain all the great reviews that Pasta Piatti had, since it is a totally different restaurant now. I never visited when it was Pasta Piatti, but I've heard from several people that it was much better, and I wasn't very impressed with the Pie & Vine version of the restaurant. The atmosphere and location is great, and the outdoor area is very pretty and relaxing on a summer evening. However, I think the service and quality of food is lacking. My husband ordered the halibut dish, which he thought was just ok, a bit expensive for a meal that's just ok. I ordered a pasta dish and requested they go light on the garlic since I'm pregnant and very sensitive to some flavors now. The waitress came back and told us she ordered it with no garlic, which was not what I asked for but she just mentioned it as she was rushing through and clearly wasn't intending to stop at our table, so I figured oh well that would be fine. Well the dish came and it was not what I was expecting, I did NOT like it at all. This could just be me, maybe someone else would love it. My sweet husband clearly felt bad for me, and while I was in the restroom he asked them if I could get something else instead since I couldn't eat it. It was very sweet of him, and when I came back they had a new entree on the way. I NEVER send things back in restaurants, I believe this is the only time I ever have, but it was NOT good and I couldn't eat it. Maybe they made it wrong this one time, I don't know. The new dish (lasagna) was okay, but honestly I've gotten better Italian food at Olive Garden than anything we got here. However, at the end of the meal I was a bit miffed to find that they charged us for all 3 meals! Any other restaurant would have covered the cost of a meal that was bad in order to keep their customers happy, but clearly this place just doesn't care. If I had known they were going to charge us for all 3 meals, I would have asked them to wrap up the one I didn't like and saved it for my husband to eat, but they never gave us the option, they just threw it away and brought something else, without telling us we would be charged for it. I don't like wasting food or money, I felt a bit cheated, and I think this place has a very bad attitude toward their customers. Personally I will never go back.

2  Thank shootersaleen